24 Traditional Quilt Patterns: Free Traditional Quilt Blocks and Vintage Patterns
By: Kaylee Pope, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
While you can find a ton of different types of quilts these days, the best free quilt patterns are often the ones that remind you of the original quilters. Making vintage quilts with more traditional quilt blocks and traditional quilt patterns can really help you add a homey and old school look to any space. Whether you are sewing a bed quilt or making a wall hanging from quilt patterns, free patterns like the ones in this collection can really give your home some history. Many of us learned how to quilt from our grandmothers and come from a long line of quilting women and men. Why not honor the great, beautiful tradition and art of quilting by using one of these traditional quilt patterns to make a quilt that harkens back to the golden years of quilting? Traditional quilts are just as stunning and lovely as their modern counterparts. Look below to find 24 Traditional Quilt Patterns: Free Traditional Quilt Blocks and Vintage Patterns.
There are hundreds of ways and patterns to make vintage quilts. Since quilting is traditional at its very core, many of the quilt block patterns you use every day lend themselves to creating traditional quilt patterns. Free traditional quilt patterns often look just like other quilt patterns with a hint of back-in-the-day. Whether you choose to add a pop of color to a vintage quilt pattern or make your traditional quilt patterns as homey as possible with more subtle hues, these free quilt patterns are going to the top of your to-quilt list. They’re that dazzling.
24 Traditional Quilt Patterns:
Free Traditional Quilt Blocks and Vintage Patterns
Table of Contents
Traditional Quilt Blocks
Traditional Log Cabin Quilt Blocks
Flying Geese Traditional Quilt Blocks
Vintage Star Quilt Block Patterns
Traditional Quilt Patterns
Patchwork and Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
Log Cabin Traditional Quilt Patterns
Star Quilt Traditional Quilts
Other Traditional Quilt Patterns and Vintage Quilts
Use these traditional quilt block patterns to create vintage quilts that you are going to love. These versions of well-loved quilt blocks are going to make your homesick for the quilts your grandma used to make.
- Rainbow Log Cabin Quilt Block: Make a log cabin quilt out of a handful of these lovely quilt blocks.
- Log Cabin Quilt Block: Nothing says tradition like a clasic log cabin quilting block.
Find more log cabin quilt blocks here.
- Flying Geese Blocks Made Easy: Use half-square triangles to make a lovely vintage quilt.
- Flying Geese Quilt Block Pattern: Flying geese quilting squares are some of the most popular and old-school patterns out there.
Find more flying geese quilt block patterns here.
- Star Flower Quilt Block: Stars, flowers, and blocks. Oh my!
- Arkansas Traveler Quilt Block: This traditional quilt block has some serious country charm.
- 7-Pointed Star Block: Star blocks look lovely on just about any quilt.
Even more star quilt block patterns here.
If you are looking for vintage quilt patterns, free traditional patterns like these are going to be your best bet. These traditional quilts are perfect for the quilter who is looking for a project that comes with a side of nostalgia.
- Nostalgic Fat Quarter Quilt: Use up those fat quarters to make a truly traditional free quilting pattern.
- Sixteen Patch Baby Quilt: Brand new babies will love this old timey quilt.
- Magically Self-Sashing Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt: You won't believe how simply it is to learn how to quilt this nine patch pattern.
We have even more nine patch quilt patterns and patchwork quilts.
- Country Cabin Lap Quilt: Colorful, gorgeous, and definitely a traditional way to make a lap quilt.
- Road to Brownwood Bed Quilt: This vintage quilting pattern is a real stunner.
- Quilt-As-You-Go Log Cabin Quilt: Quilt-as-you-go and quilt back in time!
We have even more login cabin quilt patterns.
- Giant Vintage Starflower Quilt: Make gorgeous star quilt patterns out of vintage fabric.
- Royal Star Quilt: A star quilt pattern that is so stunning that you will want one for every room.
- Smoky Mountain Stretched Stars Quilt: Traditional quilting patterns like this one will make you fall even more in love with free quilting patterns.
Find more star quilt patterns here.
If you still have not found the traditional quilt pattern you want to make, check out these traditional quilt patterns to sew.
- Fresh Diamonds Quilt: Diamonds are a girl's best friend and diamond quilts are a close second.
- Like Home Flannel Snuggle Quilt: Learn how to make traditional quilting patterns that are warm too.
- Wild Goose Chase Quilt: A flying geese quilting pattern that is going to look lovely in your home.
- Grandma's Gorgeous Autumn Quilt: No one knows vintage quilts quite like grandma!
- Vintage Turning Modern Quilt: The best of both worlds!
- 1930s Barn Raising Quilt: Vintage quilts from the 1930s are some of the prettiest free quilting patterns you will find.
- Vintage-Inspired Bear Claw Quilt: Use bear claw quilt block patterns to make this fierce (and vintage) idea.
- Vintage Meadow Quilt: This lovely free quilting pattern is great for picnics and spring decorating.
How old is the oldest quilt in your house? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Garden Gate Charm Quilt
- Modern Herringbone Quilt Pattern
- Retro Plaid Quilt Pattern
- Big and Little Butterflies
- Jelly Strip Stash Buster Quilt
- 32 Free Quilting Designs for Machine Quilting
- 18 Stunning Disappearing Nine Patch Patterns
- Top 100 Free Quilt Patterns of 2016
- Little Ruby Fat Quarter Quilt
- Free Motion Quilting on a Vintage Tea Towel
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainbow Rail Fence Quilt Tutorial
- Simple Patchwork Bib Tutorial
- Market Squares Quilt Pattern
- Pink Stacks Coin Quilt
- First Lady 4 Patch Slice Quilt
- Chinese Forget Me Not Wall Hanging
- How to Frame a Mini Quilt
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Counting Stars Bed Quilt Tutorial
- Simply Stacked Squares Quilt