12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
20 Stunning Disappearing Nine Patch Patterns
Take normal nine patch patterns to the next level with our collection of disappearing nine patch patterns!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
While you can never go wrong with trusty traditional nine patch patterns, there's something magical about disappearing nine patch quilts.
Disappearing nine patch patterns are actually much easier to make than their complicated appearance seems. While they do require a bit more work than a traditional nine patch block, they're still very easy to piece together.
Disappearing nine patch quilts are known for their intricate and complicated-looking designs, even though they're incredibly simple to make. These free quilt patterns and tutorials are perfect for cozy bed quilts or snuggly baby quilts for your new grandchild. The best part about these disappearing nine patch patterns is that they're excellent scrap busting projects, making them perfect for cleaning out your fabric stash!
Disappearing nine patch quilts are perfect for using up your charm packs and are fantastic scrapbusting quilts. If you've been searching for a way to mix up your usual quilting routine, then you'll love these stunning disappearing nine patch patterns.
One of the most versatile quilt patterns around, this list of pretty disappearing nine patches contains full quilt patterns, baby quilt tutorials, and block patterns so that you're fully prepared to work some quilting magic. If you're short on time or are new to quilting, we've also included a few smaller disappearing nine patch projects. From easy block patterns and tutorials to other quilted projects like table runners, this list of small quilting projects is a wonderful way to show off your quilting skills when you're on the clock.
Turn up the volume on your next project with these gorgeous disappearing nine patch patterns and tutorials.
Sign Up for More Free Quilt Patterns
1. Incredible Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt
"Feature your favorite layer cake and make a speedy quilt with this pattern. The design is so fast, you can even stitch it together on a serger. Find the design in assorted color arrangements and sizes." -Jen Eskridge from reannalilydesigns.com
Get this pattern
2. Easy Peasy Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt
"This quilt is perfect for beginners! It's also a great go-to pattern for comfort quilts, as it goes together really quickly. It is easily adapted to twin size by adding one more row of four blocks - just one more nine-patch block to create!" -Sarah Craig from confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com
Get this pattern
3. Day Lily Disappearing Pinwheel Pattern
4. I Spy Disappearing Nine Patch
5. Scrappy Disappearing Nine Patch Block
6. Tulip Patch Charm Quilt
7. Americana Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt
"This design came mainly from a desire to do something different than the usual D9P." -Carole Carter from frommycarolinahome.com
Get this pattern
8. Magic Baby Birdie Quilt
9. Springtime Disappearing Nine Patch Baby Quilt
10. Magically Self Sashing Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt
11. Simply Disappearing Baby Quilt
12. Easy Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt Block
13. Magic Nine Patch Quilted Tote
14. Magic Disappearing 9 Patch Table Runner
15. Disappearing Pinwheels Block
16. Magician's Disappearing 9 Patch
17. Reverse Magic Nine Patch
18. Avant Garde Double Disappearing Nine Patch
19. Stacked Bricks Disappearing Nine Patch
"I wanted a way to expand the block to make it bigger and less symmetrical." -Carole Carter from frommycarolinahome.com
Get this pattern
20. Disappearing 16 Patch Block
Read NextHappy Glow Japanese Lantern Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks
It doesn't get much prettier or simpler than these Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks. Quilting doesn't always have to be… Continue reading: "Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks"
- Happy Glow Japanese Lantern Quilt
- Japanese Sashiko Shell Free Motion Design
- Scrappy Nine Patch Quilt
- Color Explosion Flying Geese Tutorial
- Super Spring Zig Zag Quilt
- 23 Depression Era Quilt Patterns and Projects
- 20 Stunning Disappearing Nine Patch Patterns
- Jelly Strip Stash Buster Quilt
- Winter Celebration Strip Quilt Pattern
- Supernova Star Quilt Tutorial
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns