How to Make a Quilt: 34 Half Square Triangle Quilt Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
There's a lot to love about the beginner-friendly, oh-so-easy HST quilt pattern. With our extensive collection, How to Make a Quilt: 34 Half Square Triangle Quilt Patterns, you can start your first (or next) quilt right after you finish reading this article. Bold, pretty, and one-of-a-kind quilt patterns and quilt blocks are the name of the game here, and half square triangle quilt patterns are among the easiest to conquer, no matter what skill level you are.
From quilt blocks to HST baby quilt patterns to full-sized bed quilts, the beauty of half square triangle quilt patterns lies in both their versatility and simplicity. As the base of many other types of quilt patterns, including Flying Geese quilt patterns, most half square triangle quilt patterns do not require any elaborate cutting or piecing. From beginner-friendly to more challenging patterns, take a look at our list below and get that sewing machine humming with some of our favorite half square triangle quilt patterns today.
Table of Contents
There's not much these half square triangle quilt patterns can't do. From beautiful chevron quilt patterns to elaborate diamond quilt patterns, the half square triangle quilt pattern is one of those versatile designs that can make a little bit of effort look like a million bucks. From mountaintops to diamond mines to wherever your imagination can take you, the half square triangle pattern offers plenty of different yet simple ways to express your creativity. Take a look at some of our favorite HST quilt patterns below.
- Exhilarating Chevron Quilt Pattern
- Cool and Quick Triangle Quilt Pattern
- Easy Star Quilt Pattern
- Succulent Quilt Pattern
- Winter Wishes Quilt
- Red Diamond HST Pattern
- Broken Dishes Quilt Pattern
- Cozy Posy Triangle Quilt
- Charming 4 Patch Slice Quilt
- Northbound Modern Quilt Pattern
- Easiest Ever Arrow Quilt Pattern
- Minty September Steps Quilt
- Sparkle Quilt Pattern
- Traipsing Triangles Quilt
- Simple Stashbusting Half-Square Triangle Quilt
- Lickety Modern Chevron Quilt
- Diamonds Are Forever Quilt
- Brotherly Love Half Square Triangle Quilt
- My Fair Verona Hourglass Quilt
- Half Square Triangle Rag Quilt
- Coolest Ever Rainbow Quilt
- Modern Navajo Quilt Pattern
Take a look at some of our sweetest quilt patterns by heading over to our collection, 45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + New Jelly Roll Quilts.
It's always exciting to learn about a new addition that will be joining the family, and now you can give the little bundle of joy something to cuddle up with by creating one of these HST baby quilt patterns. Little free baby quilt patterns like these are the perfect way to create a gift for baby that's heartfelt, handmade, and one-of-a-kind.
- Baby's Day Out Quilt
- Butterflies Baby Quilt
- Lone Star Baby Quilt Pattern
- Tumble of Triangles Baby Quilt
- Tri-Me Honey Bun Quilt
- Echo of Triangles Baby Quilt
If your love of quilting simply can't be contained, we've got you covered. These HST quilt patterns for quilted accessories give you several fun and creative ways to use the HST quilt pattern to make everything from quilted pillows to quilted table runners and more. Who says quilts need to be confined to the bedroom? Show off your skills with these fun half square triangle quilt patterns for accessories.
- Triangle Illusion Table Topper
- Modern Maple Leaf Table Runner
- Charm Pack Modern Table Runner
- Happy Harvest Mug Rugs
- Forest Paths Mini Quilt
- Vintage Sheet Half Square Triangle Pillow
- Puzzled Triangles Pillow Tutorial
- Triangle Quilt Necklace
If it's easy quilts you're looking for, we've got them for you right here. Download your free copy of Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts and get started right now.
Almost every quilt begins with quilt blocks, and if you're just beginning in the world of quilting, these HST quilt blocks are the perfect place to get your footing. Known for their simplicity, quilt blocks that use the HST quilt pattern are easy enough to draw in beginners, and versatile enough to keep the experts' attention. Don't believe us? Check out for yourself just how unique HST blocks can be by perusing the patterns below.
- Zig Zag Path Quilt Block Pattern
- Classic Heart Quilt Block Pattern
- Aunt Mary's Sunshine Star Block
- Builder's Star Quilt Block
- Rolling Pinwheel Star Quilt Block
- Jumbo Bear Claw Block
- Amish Star Squared Quilt Block
- A Dandy Quilt Block
- Owl Quilt Block
- Navajo Star Quilt Block Pattern
- Double Arrows Quilt Block
- Arrowhead Quilt Block Pattern
- Diamond Half Square Triangle Block
- Constellation Star Block Pattern
- Flock of Geese HST Block
- Flying Geese Blocks Made Easy
- Virginia Reel Quilt Block
- Exploding X HST Block
What types of quilts have you made with the HST quilt pattern?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Make your next family picnic or church cookout even more special by following this easy Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial. Forget about… Continue reading: "Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial"
- Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns We Love
- Scrappy Armrest and Supply Saver Combo
- 15 Antique Quilt Patterns
- 38 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- 26 Free 12-Inch Quilt Block Patterns
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns
- 26 Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- 24 Fabulous Fat Quarter Quilt Patterns
- 15 Irish Chain Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rosewood Manor
- Rosewood Manor Autumn Cross-Stitch Design
- Labyrinth Quilt Block Pattern
- How To Make Megic 8 Half Square Triangle Units
- Folded Star Potholder Tutorial
- Face Mask Pouch
- Vote Mini Quilt Pattern
- Short Stories Quilt Pattern
- Rows and Rows Quilt Pattern
- Melanie's Temperature Quilt Block Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns