45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + New Jelly Roll Quilts
Can't get enough of precut quilt patterns? Then this list of our favorite jelly roll quilt patterns is perfect for you!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
If you've ever succumbed to the temptation of a jelly roll (the fabric kind!), you're probably in need of some creative jelly roll quilt ideas to use up all those 2-1/2" strips! You'll find tons of projects you haven't thought of yet in this collection of 45+ Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns.
Aside from the classic jelly roll quilts you're probably more familiar with, you'll find unusual patterns like a striped jumper, a unique basketweave throw, and more! We've also included plenty of Christmas quilt patterns that use jelly roll bundles, since we don't want those holiday jelly rolls to go to waste either! The best thing about the super fast jelly roll quilts in this collection is that you eliminate most of the time spent measuring and cutting for a regular quilt.
Find more free quilt patterns in our free eNewsletter: Piecing It Together!
Table of Contents
If you love free jelly roll quilt patterns, then you'll defintely want to download our free eBook, How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns. Easy quilt tutorials with jelly rolls are so simple and fun to make. You'll want to make every single quilt in our fantastic book. How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
Small Projects for Jelly Roll Leftovers
This section has jelly roll quilt ideas to help you use up those scraps for small quilt projects. From adorable and trendy tote bags to DIY outside decor, these fun scrapbuster jelly roll ideas are perfect for cleaning out that fabric stash.
- Umbrella Friendly Patio Table TopperIf you're looking for the cutest outdoor decoration for your next barbeque, check out the quilted rainbow pattern of this Umbrella Friendly Patio Table Topper. Intermediate quilters will love the way this original table topper design uses jelly roll quilt pattern to make a durable wedge-like texture that can encircle the umbrella of a patio table.
- Jelly Roll Reversal ToteAny fashionista will agree that the only thing better than one bag is two, which means this Jelly Roll Reversal Tote is perfect for anyone looking to be stylish and organized. With two cute jelly roll quilt patterns, you'll be able to have two new quilted tote bags in one!
- Cherry Jelly Roll PlacematsIf you're a beginner quilter and are looking for free quilted placemat patterns to brighten up your kitchen, you're sure to love this tutorial for making these lovely Cherry Jelly Roll Placemats. With just 13 strips of jelly roll quilt pattern, you can make 4 complete placemat patterns that feature jubilant prints full of bright colors and cherries.
- Neutral Quilt Block PatternCut your own fabric, use jelly rolls, or layer cakes to quilt this simple and stunning free quilt block pattern. This easy quilting pattern looks great in neutral colors and can be sewn up relatively quickly. You are going love cuddling into your final creation when you learn how to make a quilt with the Neutral Weave Quilt Block Pattern.
- Bohemian Jelly Roll ScarfUsing an easy breezy roll of fabric, you can become a real seamstress. Make your own hip scarf, or make one for your little girl. She is sure to enjoy the bright, bold colors on this fabric! Or, give yourself a gift by making the Mom version of the Bohemian Jelly Roll Scarf.
- Big Sister Dolly QuiltCreate the Big Sister Dolly Quilt using different colored, itty bitty squares. This doll quilt pattern is an easy project that you can make for an average size doll or stuffed animal. They've got to get tucked into bed too, you know.
- Waffle Dish ClothsSpice up your kitchen in a fun and inexpensive way by creating your own Waffle Dish Cloths! All this simple quilt binding idea requires is a square of waffle cotton and colorful jelly rolls to get started on this project.
- Chevron Strip Tube BlockThe Chevron Strip Tube Block is an eye-catching chevron quilt pattern that will look beautiful no matter what you make with it. Whether you stitch several of these quilt blocks together to make a table runner, a lap quilt, or a full bed quilt, the simple but elegant design will look absolutely fabulous.
- Hello Spring Strippy Pillow CoverAs the seasons change, welcome the blooming flowers and chirping birds with the addition of the Hello Spring Strippy Pillow Cover to your home decor. Not only will you have fun strip quilt piecing this fantastic jelly roll quilt pattern, you’ll also learn how to accurately layer your pretty strips of fabric from this fantastic tutorial.
- Jelly Roll iPad SleeveSkip buying impersonal and absurdly expensive iPads sleeves and learn how to quilt your own gadget holder with this free and easy quilting pattern. The Jelly Roll iPad Sleeve tutorial gives you several options on how to use jelly rolls to create a striped, homemade DIY iPad case.
- Cozy Quilted Tablet Cover PatternFree quilting patterns like this Cozy Quilted Tablet Cover Pattern allow you to wander a little off the beaten path and create something fun, functional, and super cute. With jelly rolls, scraps, or pretty much any other fabric you may have at your disposal.
Christmas Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
Get holiday-themed fabric and make one of these Christmas free jelly roll quilt patterns. This list of holiday quilting ideas has everything from DIY stockings to table runners to brighten up family dinners!
- Poinsettia Table RunnerOne of the most simple and charming ways to decorate your home for Christmas is to quilt a table runner pattern that will make your holiday table look fabulous. If you're looking for a rosy red simple Christmas quilt pattern, check out the Poinsettia Table runner; which utilizes just a few strips of jelly roll quilt fabric and can be completed in just a few hours.
- Scrappy Stocking OrnamentPiece a few like-colored scraps together to make this free quilted ornament pattern. With ribbon, yarn, and some leftover batting, you'll have this a whole bunch of these Scrappy Stocking Ornaments done in no time.
- Christmas Utensil HoldersIf you're looking for a super fast jelly roll quilt pattern to make for the holiday season, check out this awesome quilted home decor idea for a set of Christmas Utensil Holders.
- Christmas Clutch PurseJazz up a simply holiday gift card by placing it in this cute pattern for a Christmas Clutch Purse. You can make two of these simple Christmas quilt clutches out of just 4 strips of jolly red, green, and white jelly roll quilt pattern.
- Striped Prairie Point Tree SkirtYou can use quilted Christmas tree skirt kits for the Striped Prairie Point Tree Skirt to make fabric selection easy or you can get creative and choose your own fabrics! Either way, this classic clean-lined tree skirt will accent your Christmas tree beautifully.
- Candy Cane Christmas Table RunnerChristmastime is the time for parties and dinners, the time for gathering around the table, and the time for DIY table runners! If you want to add some cheer to your cooking and eating space, make the Candy Cane Christmas Table Runner.
- Christmas Drawstring Gift BagMake this Christmas Drawstring Gift Bag for a really adorable and super simple way to hold a bundle of Christmas goodies meant for a friend or family member. The coolest thing about this neat quilted gift idea is that the whole drawstring bag is made out of only 6 strips of Christmas-themed jelly roll quilt pattern and a pretty decorative ribbon.
- Sweet Spring Quilted Table RunnerUse this Sweet Spring Quilted Table Runner to bring a breath of spring to your decor during those gloomy winter days. When it comes to quilt patterns, free is always better, and this easy-to-follow tutorial won't cost you a dime.
- Ice Fractals Jelly Roll PatternBypass the expected reds and greens this winter and design a winter quilt that embodies everything frozen and frosty with this Ice Fractals Jelly Roll Pattern. Made in stunning blues and purples, this free jelly roll pattern is a gorgeous quilt that you can show off all winter long.
Jelly Roll Quilt Ideas for Kids and Babies
These free jelly roll quilt patterns are meant just for little ones. And because our readers can never get enough free baby quilt patterns, you'll find lots of DIY baby quilts below to welcome the newest addition to your family.
- Little Kid Knotty Jumper with LeggingsUnlike other jelly roll quilting patterns, this is one you can wear. If you are looking for kids clothes patterns and gorgeous quilted wearables for your girl, check out Little Kid Knotty Jumper with Leggings. This easy quilt pattern is made by using up everyones favorite type of charm packs, jelly rolls.
- Jungle Path Baby QuiltParents and babies alike will love the bright colors and happy animals of this Jungle Path Baby Quilt. Use matching sets of colorful charm packs and jelly rolls with prints of joyful lions, giraffes, and elephants to make the center of these interesting individual quilt blocks.
- Sixteen Patch Baby QuiltThe Sixteen Patch Baby Quilt is a colorful patchwork pattern that is great for baby boys, in the colors shown. This baby quilt pattern is actually a super fast jelly roll quilt. Piece together jelly rolls, cut, and re-piece to create the sixteen patches.
- Animal Pens Baby QuiltEven leftover quilt scraps can be part of a brand new baby quilt pattern; just take a look at the Animal Pens Baby Quilt. You can collect pieces from other jelly roll quilt patterns and piece together a simple baby quilt pattern that combines elements of nine patch quilt patterns to frame central quilt blocks somewhat like panel quilts.
- Cowboy Up Bed QuiltFall asleep every night in a wild west scene when you make this awesome Cowboy Up Bed Quilt. This full-sized bed quilt uses jelly roll quilt patterns full of galloping horses, tanned cowboys, and dry desert scenes to create a truly unique pattern of strip quilt blocks.
- Stairway to Heaven Pastels PatternThis free quilting pattern offers a unique take on a popular quilting tradition. Using one jelly roll and one layer cake in order to create a step quilt, the Stairway to Heaven Pastels Pattern combines the chic look of a geometric quilt with the soft hues of muted floral prints.
- Magic Jelly Roll QuiltMake quick baby girl quilts for upcoming baby showers with this Magic Jelly Roll Quilt. This baby quilt pattern will make bright and cheery baby quilts with "magic" cutting and piecing that you can finish in just a few hours.
- Jammin Jelly Roll Quilt Floor CushionThe whole family is going to love this cushion pattern like no other. Choose your brightest jelly roll quilt pattern and strip it to begin working on the Jammin Jelly Roll Quilt Floor Cushion. Fill it with bean bags and be amazed at how quickly everyone gravitates towards this fun project.
- Boxes of Color Baby QuiltIf you are a new quilter and want to try making your first quilted baby blanket, you'll love this pattern for the Boxes of Color Baby Quilt. Although this pattern looks like a square in a square quilt block, you can quickly and easily make this simple baby quilt by using brightly-colored jelly roll quilt patterns to strip piece a boxy design.
- Arrows on the Go QuiltOne baby quilt pattern that's as fun to make as it is to see is the Arrows on the Go Quilt. Charm quilts are always enjoyable to make into baby quilt patterns because of how cute the patterns can be, and this quilt adds some extra fun with the arrow designs that we're sure will catch your baby's eye.
- Cozy Posy Triangle QuiltGirls of all ages will adore the pleasant colors and mesmerizing design of this Cozy Posy Triangle Quilt. Although this angular pattern will take about two weeks for an advanced quilter to complete, quilting this springtime jelly roll quilt pattern into interlocking strip pieced triangles will be a blast.
- Wearable Jelly Roll Quilt PatternJust because jelly rolls are designed especially for quilting does not mean they have to be used to create a quilt. Learn how to make a sweatshirt will quilting flair when you sew up this adorable quilted wearble. The Wearable Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern shows you how to use a jelly roll and an old sweatshirt to make a brand new piece.
Jelly Roll Quilts and Throws
These jelly roll quilt patterns are going to look stunning in your home. Cuddle up under one of these lovely free quilting patterns. From full bed quilt tutorials to smaller throw and lap quilt patterns, these DIY jelly roll quilts are a great way to brighten up any room.
- Sugar Almonds Jelly Roll Quilt PatternIf you're looking to use your jelly rolls in a new way, try this Sugar Almonds Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern. This pieced quilt incorporates an eye-catching design idea that places your jelly roll strips as the center of attention. You can use one jelly roll, or mix and match old scraps to create a bright and unique quilt pattern.
- Jelly Roll Braid QuiltThe Jelly Roll Braid Quilt is an amazing addition to add to your living room couch or bedroom. This free jelly roll quilt pattern uses a colorful jelly roll of batiks to make a traditional French braid quilt. After sewing the strips onto each other in an ever-lengthening braid pattern, you will trim the edges down to get one long braid strip.
- Ravishing Rail Picnic QuiltChildren and adults alike will be thrilled with the fun primary-color design of this Ravishing Rail Picnic Quilt. Simply start by separating your jelly roll quilt patterns into four eye-catching color categories and begin to piece them into bright quilt block patterns.
- Raggedy Basketweave QuiltThe Raggedy Basketweave Quilt is a creative quilt pattern that combines elements of rag quilting, quilt-as-you-go methods, and cheater quilts. Rather than piecing the top, you'll stitch strips of fabric or jelly roll directly on to your batting and backing. The whole process only takes a few hours!
- Cinched Jelly Roll QuiltThis jelly roll quilt pattern is scrap-friendly and a brilliant way to combine simple quilting with quick block accents. Complete with panels to highlight your favorite block designs or fabrics, the Cinched Jelly Roll Quilt is quick and easy to assemble.
- In-n-Out Jelly Roll QuiltOne jelly roll and some scrap fabric is all you need to make the In-n-Out Jelly Roll Quilt! This adorable jelly roll quilt tutorial shows you how to whip up a quick quilt using a bright, colorful color scheme that will brighten up any room year-round.
- Odd Block Strip QuiltThe Odd Block Strip Quilt uses 2 1/2" strips to create a race quilt pattern that's broken up by asymmetrical quilt blocks. This unique look is sure to garner plenty of attention. We love the combination of straight lines and square angles to create a cool sense of movement!
- Full Moon Quilt PatternStunning quilts like this Full Moon Quilt Pattern are beautiful in both their unique nature and their precision. Use the Dresden quilt block method to create a stunning moon you can applique to your quilt, then lay it on a beautiful night sky background composed of strips of navy, blue, and white fabric patterns.
- Ariel's Wedding Quilt PatternUse Ariel's Wedding Quilt Pattern to create a giant, cozy, scrap-friendly quilt everyone in your family can enjoy. Many of what end up being our favorite quilts often come from pieces we have left over from other projects, and this lovely quilt is no different.
- Gobble Chain QuiltCraft an adorable quilt for a king size bed using this Gobble Chain Quilt pattern! The model quilt showcases warm fabrics in earth-tones, but this king quilt pattern could just as easily be made in brights or pastels for different decorating schemes.
- Boxing Day Jelly Roll QuiltA clever idea for a quilted sofa throw, this Boxing Day Jelly Roll Quilt is sure to become one of your go-to free jelly roll quilt patterns. With a simple but intriguing geometric pattern and muted colors, this quilt makes an excellent gift for a man.
- Race to the Finish Jelly Roll QuiltThe Race to the Finish Jelly Roll Quilt is one of the fastest quilt tops you can make. This jelly roll quilt pattern only takes about an hour to put together, and then you're free to doodle free-motion designs over the top to add some flair!
- Last Minute Jelly Roll Wedding QuiltWe all know the feeling of panic when we realize that we've left the making of a wedding quilt too late. For those uh-oh moments, the Last Minute Jelly Roll Wedding Quilt is an absolute lifesaver of a free jelly roll quilt pattern!
- Sudoku Quilt TutorialThe best thing about the Sudoku Quit Tutorial is that it combines our favorite things about a nine patch quilt block with all the fun of a sudoku square! This pattern is all squares and angles, so beginner quilters don't have to worry about curved pieces.
- Easy Quilt as You Go Quilt PatternMake a low-maintenance quilt with this Easy Quilt as You Go Quilt Pattern. You don't have to overload your poor little sewing machine (or your sanity) by trying to fit a large amount of fabric in a teeny, tiny space.
- Road to Oklahoma Quilt PatternEmbrace beautiful fall colors like rich earth tones and stylish slate grays with this Road to Oklahoma Quilt Pattern. With this free quilt pattern, you can create an autumn wonderland in your home that will make visitors gasp with joy.
Free Bargello Quilt Patterns
One of the most requested types of quilt patterns out there are bargello quilt patterns, and you're in luck, because these free bargello quilt patterns are perfect for using jelly rolls. Bargello quilts can look intimidating, but with these easy quilting tutorials, you'll be designing gorgeous and modern quilts in no time. A new twist on typical strip quilts, these free bargello quilt patterns are a fantastic way to take your jelly rolls to the next level.
- Blue Bargello Quilt PatternIf you've always wanted to try creating your own bargello quilt pattern, then you're in luck, because FaveQuilts is here to give you exactly what you want. This Blue Bargello Quilt Pattern is the perfect combination of style and simple quilting, and is the ultimate quick project that looks like it took weeks to make.
- How to Make a Bargello Quilt PatternAlthough looking at a bargello quilt, you may think “This is time consuming” or “This looks very complicated", creating your own bargello is actually incredibly easy. After reading this article, you will see that there are wonderful tips and tricks to make a bargello quilt fast and easy.
- Rain Drops Bargello Quilt TutorialSome see rain as a gift and some as a curse, but everyone will agree that the Rain Drops Bargello Quilt Tutorial is a gorgeous way to make a quilt pattern. It looks like rain drops on a window pane, which is quite a zen image.
- Springtime Bargello Quilt PatternCreate a masterpiece that transports you to a place where you feel those first warm, fragrant breezes of the year with this Springtime Bargello Quilt Pattern. Design this jelly roll-friendly pattern with your favorite fabrics and colors to make a quilt that has a fun and lively zigzag pattern.
- Rainbow Bright Bargello QuiltForget about quilting in shy pastels and neutrals and create a wow-worthy quilt with this jaw-dropping Rainbow Bright Bargello Quilt. With this fun and spirited jelly roll quilt, you can create a boldly vibrant bargello quilt that will leave guests completely stunned.
The numbers are officially in and FaveQuilts is so excited to bring you your favorite quilt patterns and tutorials from 2016! From free baby quilt patterns to simple quilts, this list of our Top Free Quilt Patterns from 2016 has literally everything a quilter could dream of. Top 100 Free Quilt Patterns of 2016
Which of these precuts do you prefer to quilt with: Jelly Rolls, Charm Packs, Layer Cakes, or Fat Quarter Bundles?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- What to Do with Fabric Scraps: 18 Scrap Quilt Patterns and Organizing Ideas
- 45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + New Jelly Roll Quilts
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern
- 37 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- 23 Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- 21 Rail Fence Quilt Patterns & Rail Fence Quilt Blocks
- 15 Antique Quilt Patterns Darling Enough for Downton
- 35+ Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Verna Tote Bag
- Checkerboard Scrappy Quilt
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors
- Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns
- Making a Square for a Group Quilt Project
- Starburst Cross Block Quilt
- Pretty Petaled Flowers
- Banded Checkerboard Quilt Pattern
- Quick and Easy Christmas Table Runner
- Framed Squares Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns