11 Free Hexagon Quilt Patterns
Make a hexagon quilt pattern for your home, to wear, or give. These designs are geometrically fun.
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Check out these 11 Free Hexagon Quilt Patterns for inspiring and intriguing quilted projects featuring angular hexagon shapes.
From quilted placemat patterns with flashy rainbow hexies to easy free hexagon quilt block patterns, quilters of all levels will be able to find a wonderful hexagon pattern to create.
Whether one chooses to use hexagon designs to make a specific quilted gift or practice their English paper piece technique, the gorgeous geometric design of these classic quilting shapes are sure to be a fantastic addition to any homemade quilt.
PLUS! Check out our video on hexagon paper piecing. Learn how to make a beautiful pillow (or quilt) with this step-by-step video tutorial right below.
Hexagon Block Patterns
- Fussy Cut Paper Pieced Hexagon BlockUse scrappy quilt patterns to construct this refreshing twist on a classic hexagon quilt block design. The five-sided star also makes a beautiful detail to a Fourth of July picnic quilt or a Christmas quilted sofa throw.
- Hexing Around BlockCombine your love of log cabin quilt patterns and cute quilted hexies in this awesome design. Create one large hexagon out of smaller log cabin shapes and sew it to your next block quilt pattern to add modern-looking detail.
Hexagon Home Decor Patterns
- You can use this gorgeous hexagon quilt pattern as a table topper or quilted wall hanging to add a brilliant summer-inspired decoration to your home. Bring the warmth and peace of a calm summer day to your home with the Indian Summer of Hexies pattern.
- Hexi Log Cabin PotholdersUse the traditional hexagons to create this one-of-a-kind quilted potholder. If your kitchen decor is looking a little drab, these Hexi Log Cabin Potholders are a cheap and easy way to brighten up the space.
- Hexagon Table TopperBeginner quilters can practice creating a hexagon flower pattern with this fun idea for a colorful quilted table topper. If you love hexagon quilt designs, this quilt pattern for table toppers is perfect for you!
- Strip of Hexies Dish TowelQuilted dish towels have never been so adorable! Use leftover scrap fabric to construct this easy and fast kitchen quilt project. It doesn't take much to cheer up a kitchen. Instead of spending money at a designer store, make your own colorful Strip of Hexies Dish Towel.
- Cobweb Hexie PotholdersAdvanced quilts looking for a unique hexagon home decor pattern should check out this useful and beautiful tutorial about making a hexagon-shaped potholder. If you'd like to challenge yourself, try the Cobweb Hexie Potholders pattern.
Hexagon Accessory Patterns
- Little Hexie NecklaceMake your own pendant out of fabric with this nifty hexagon quilt idea. This necklace project is also great for using up smaller pieces of scrap fabric. Those who are fans of English paper piecing can show off their pride with their fashion simply by making their very own Little Hexie Necklace.
- Last Minute Gift Kindle CoverIf you need to make a quick quilted gift for a Kindle owner, follow this easy tutorial to learn how to make a cute Kindle cover with a rainbow hexagon flower pattern. This small quilted gift only takes about an hour to complete and is the perfect present for all ages.
- Hexie Fashion NecklaceNothing says style like this fashion-forward and delicate hexie necklace. It'll be a fun challenge to make these adorable hexagon quilt patterns using an English paper piecing template and some other crafting skills.
- Triple Hexie HeadbandThis darling hexie headband looks store-bought, but it is actually a homemade English paper pieced hair accessory. It'll only take you a few minutes for you to piece together the hexagon quilt patterns with an English paper piecing pattern.
Which of these hexie patterns is your favorite?
Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Add a little sunshine to your day with this simply gorgeous Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern. This free quilt block pattern is the… Continue reading: "Sunshine Texas Star Block Patternvideocam"
- Dog Gone Cute Block Tutorial
- 38 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- Quilt Coloring Book: 10 Quilt Coloring Pages to Print
- The Take Along Quilt
- Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns We Love
- Triangular Log Cabin Pincushion
- 26 Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- 11 Wheelchair Quilt Patterns
- State Fair Quilt
- Miami Connections Block Quilt Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Easy Sailboat Quilt
- X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
- Easy Cross Sawtooth Star Block
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Easy Pinwheel Sawtooth Star
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- Star In A Star
- State Fair Quilt
- BERNINA B-325 Sewing Machine
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns