40+ Free Baby Quilt Patterns
Find the perfect free quilt pattern for your new grandbaby with this list of baby quilt tutorials and patterns!
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
As quilters, the first thing we think of when a new baby comes along is what kind of quilt we're going to make for it. Choose an interesting new quilt pattern from this collection of 40+ Free Baby Quilt Patterns! You can't go wrong with these adorable baby quilts.
If the expectant mother is still early in the pregnancy or would rather not know the sex of the child, it's best to choose a simple, gender-neutral baby quilt pattern. You can find several understated baby quilt ideas in our Easy Baby Quilt Patterns category. These quilts are quick and easy projects with straightforward patterns that can easily be adapted for any fabric, gender, or decor. They'll be warm and cozy gifts for a new mother and baby. So if you've been searching for new baby quilts to make, be sure to check out this reader favorite collection!
Find more free quilt patterns in our free eNewsletter: Piecing It Together!
PLUS, don't miss our new video on how to make a simple Quilted Cuddle Throw!
Table of Contents
Looking for even more great quilt patterns? Then be sure to check out our mega list of everything quilting!
101+ Best Quilt Patterns for Free: Quilt Block Patterns, Quilt Patterns for Baby, and More
Easy Baby Quilts for Beginners
Create a beautiful baby quilt for your new grandbaby with one of these beginner-friendly quilt patterns. If you've just found out that you'll be a grandma, and it's still too early to know the baby's gender, then be sure to check out this list of unisex baby quilts that are perfect for girls or boys. Quilting can be intimidating if you've never made a quilt before, but baby quilts like these are the perfect beginner projects because they take less time to make than bed quilts and are easy patterns that you can piece together in a weekend. These gorgeous baby quilt patterns are not only easy, but come in every color under the rainbow, so that your little one's nursery is sure to be bursting with color. These free quilt patterns for baby are the perfect option for any mommy-to-be and are easy to customize to your liking. With these baby quilt patterns, you can up your quilting skills in no time and make an adorable project for your little one. Choose one of these beginner baby quilt patterns and get to quilting!
- Gradient Wildwood Baby QuiltThis gorgeous free quilting pattern uses several shades to made a gorgeous and gradient design.
- Strip and Flip QuiltRainbow quilts are a great way for babies to learn all the colors of the rainbow.
- Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt PatternWe're obsessed with the soothing garden vibe of this baby blanket. Babies love all floral fabrics.
- Baby Log Cabin Quilt PatternUse log cabin quilt patterns to make a bright and beautiful unisex baby quilt.
- Straight Line Baby Quilt PatternsWith a simple design and easy construction, this bay quilt is a great last-minute shower gift.
- Elephant Parade Baby Quilt PatternMake your baby's nursery a circus with baby quilt ideas that feature their favorite circus friends like this wild idea.
- Ombre Baby Quilt PatternCombine fat quarters of several shades to make a baby quilt pattern that is as modern as it is easy.
- Citrus Mint Baby QuiltMake a citrus and mint baby quilt pattern that combines unique colors for a trendy baby quilt.
- One Patch Organic Baby QuiltLearn how to make a quilt with organic materials that will send your little one off to dreamland in snuggly, cuddly comfort.
- Supersonic Triangle Baby QuiltYou won't believe how fast you can make a cute baby quilt pattern with this project.
- One-Day Triangle Quilt TutorialThis quick and easy quilt takes only one day to make!
- Beachy Baby Strip QuiltThis nautical quilt is absolutely essential for any day at the beach. The little lighthouses on the fabric are too cute!
- A Hundred Hugs Baby QuiltThe bright and cheery pinks and greens in this quilt will keep any baby smiling and happy.
- Magical Flannel Rag Baby Quilt TutorialBaby rag quilts are a great way to incorporate rusticness into your home decor. This quilt is adorably shabby chic.
- Rainbow Star Quilt TutorialThe triangles in this starry rainbow quilt will make for an exciting weekend sewing project.
- Sunny Crib QuiltDifferent patterned and colored fabrics give this quilt wonderful texture and dimension. All mommies will be jealous!
- Striped Chevrons Baby Quilt TutorialChevron is the latest trend in baby decor. This pattern is simultaneously stimulating and relaxing for any child.
- Starry Skies Baby QuiltIf your baby's room has a starry theme, then this quilt will fit right in. Choose bright colors or midnight shades, depending on your preference.
- Emery's Stars Quilt PatternMake a star quilt pattern that is surprisingly easy and perfect for baby!
- Baby's Day Out QuiltThis adventerous quilt is going to make all of the other moms jealous of your quilting skills.
- Bright Geometric Baby QuiltMake this stunning and bright baby quilt pattern for the family that loves some flash.
- Tetris Baby QuiltHave a throwback Thursday with this baby quilt pattern that resembles the classic arcade game we all love.
- Steps Charm Pack QuiltLearn how to make a quilt for babies out of a charm pack or some unused fabric.
- Sock Monkey Circus Baby QuiltMake a quirky baby quilt pattern by quilting this sock monkey-inspired piece.
Baby Quilt Patterns for Girls
Who doesn't love a sweet and simple baby quilt in pretty and feminine colors? If you've got a new granddaughter in the family, then you've got to check out our favorite baby girl quilts! This list of baby quilt patterns for girls contains all things girly, from pretty in pink quilt patterns to quick and easy scrap quilts that you can whip up in no time. These free baby girl quilt patterns contain a mix of simple quilts for beginners and more complicated quilts if you've been wanting to show off your quilting skills. These baby quilt ideas are feminine and delicate, making them exactly what your little one needs. These quilt patterns for girls are the perfect keepsake for your little one and is sure to be treasured long after she's all grown up. Design a stunning quilt for your little princess with one of these quilt patterns for girls.
- Roly Poly Teddy Bear QuiltThis cute baby quilt can be customized with color for a boy or girl -- you could even make it a Christmas quilt by changing up the colors!
- Sweet Dreams Baby QuiltThe calm pastel colors in this crib quilt will keep the baby perfectly content.
- Classic Pink Hourglass QuiltHere's another fun triangle quilting project. Piece together four triangles to make a single quilt block. It's that simple.
- Whirly Gig Twister QuiltThe strip piecing method of this pink and brown quilt is very easy, even if it may look a little tricky.
- Down Home Chevron Baby QuiltMake a chevron quilt pattern in pinks and greys in order to create a charming, hip, and country baby quilt!
- Princess Kate Diamond Quilt PatternMake a baby quilt pieced for a princess with this stunning, royal pattern.
- Ruby and Pink Baby QuiltCreate a bright and stunning baby shower or Valentine's Day gift with this baby quilt pattern.
- Easy Personalized Strip Quilt for BabyThis personalized quilt is a great gift for any newborn baby. Applique is a fun technique to play with.
- The pink and brown color combination in this quilt is uber cute. The square quilt blocks are so easy to assemble, too.
- Pinkie Promise Baby QuiltA baby girl will look liminous in this pink and white log cabin quilt. The texture of this quilt is awesome.
- Baby Steps Cuddle QuiltThis 36 block quilt teaches you the basics of how to make a border on a baby quilt. It's a wonderful project for a beginner.
- Cutie Pie Baby Quilt PatternsLearn how to applique a baby quilt pattern that has so many hearts it says "I love you" all on its own.
- Speedy Charm Pack Baby Quilt PatternLearn how to quilt a charm pack quilt pattern that is pretty in pastels with this idea.
- Ladder Lattice QuiltAdd warmth and brightness to the nursery with this free quilting pattern.
- Kissing Fish Baby QuiltMade entirely out of half-square triangles, this is one of those unique baby quilt ideas that is sure to impress.
Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys
Searching for the perfect gift idea for your new grandson? Then you'll love this list of easy baby quilt patterns for boys! Filled with primary colors, this list of DIY baby quilts for boys has several quick quilting projects that you can make in a single weekend, which is perfect if you have a last minute baby shower. From simple patchwork quilts to brick quilt patterns that are ideal for precuts, these quilt patterns for boys are completely baby-approved. These free baby quilt patterns to download have tons of simple geometric shapes, so that your grandson will be snuggled up in style this year. Full of fun and colorful patterns, these baby quilts for boys are absolutely perfect for your grandson.
- All-Star Charm QuiltGet crazy with patterned and colored fabrics with this easy peasy quilt. Blue and orange look great together in a baby blanket.
- Framed Charm Squares Baby QuiltYou'll love the simplicity of this blue and seagreen 36 block quilt.
- All Fives Baby QuiltThis easy 25 block quilt is such a cinch to sew . Choose delicate patterns to create a subtle blanket.
- Christopher's Missouri Puzzle Star QuiltThe simplicity of this two-toned quilt is hard to beat. Practice free-motion quilting on top for an added challenge.
- Baby Bricks QuiltBlue and brown is another color combo that's unanimously popular in baby decor. Jump on the trend with this basic quilt.
- Trendy Grey Baby Quilt PatternsFinally! A baby quilt pattern that is trendier than it is cute. If you want to make a peacful and neutral nursery, this quilt pattern will do the trick.
- Simply Squares Baby QuiltExperiment with colors like orange, green, yellow, and blue in this cool geometrical baby quilt.
- Baby Road Trip QuiltSnuggle up your baby in the car ride to grandma's with this precious jelly roll pattern.
- Off to the Zoo Baby QuiltDisplay nature's animals and patterns on this adorable quilt. Your baby will love the interesting design.
- Chevron Cut Chenille Baby QuiltThis blue chevron quilt is perfect from front to back. You'll love how the zig zags look in your baby's crib.
- Sing the Blues Baby QuiltMake baby quilt patterns in little boy blues for all the little men in your life.
- Singin' in the Rain Baby QuiltInspired by cozy rainy days indoors, this free baby quilt pattern is great for modern nurseries.
Free Baby Quilt Patterns to Download
If you've been searching for some baby quilts to make, but need some detailed instructions, then you're in luck! FaveQuilts is bringing you some of our favorite free baby quilt patterns to download, that you can keep right next to your machine while you work. These DIY baby quilts come with step-by-step instructions and printable diagrams, so that you don't have to worry about any guesswork.
- Market Squares Quilt PatternThe Market Squares Quilt Pattern is a gorgeous baby quilt pattern that hearkens back to traditional quilting, and uses classic blocks like 4 patches and HSTs to create its completely charming design.
- Indian Summer Baby QuiltCapture the beautiful pastel sunrise of those mornings with this Indian Summer Baby Quilt that's inspired by this magical time of year.
- Thick and Thin Baby Quilt PatternMake a simple strip quilt that's perfect for those new to quilting with this Thick and Thin Baby Quilt Pattern.
- Ebb and Flow Quilt PatternA great project for precuts or fabric scraps, this easy rectangle quilt can also double as a picnic blanket and is perfect for spring or summer.
- Scrappy Butterfly Baby Quilt TutorialA great project for using fabric cutters, this free baby quilt tutorial is a perfect scrap busting project that your little ones will love, and comes with an applique template for creating your butterflies.
- First Lady 4 Patch Slice QuiltThis First Lady 4 Patch Slice Quilt is a fantastic way to use up your prettiest fat quarters, and uses a simple slicing technique to create your quilt blocks.
- When You Wish...Baby Quilt PatternThis modern, rainbow-colored quilted baby mat will be a beautiful addition to any baby's nursery. The project is simple, made with squares and half-square triangles.
Want even more adorable baby quilts? Then be sure to download our free eBook today! 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
Who are you making your next baby quilt for? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Arizona Sun Baby Quilt
- Rabbit in Wonderland Mini Quilt
- 33 of Our Favorite Patchwork Quilt Patterns
- Jack O’Lantern Mini Quilt Pattern
- Happy Hexagon DIY Baby Toy
- How to Make a Quilt: Preparing Fabric for Quilting
- Arizona After Fat Quarter Collection
- Fabric Checkerboard DIY Game
- Words to Live By Quilt Block Series
- Electric Geometric Modern Quilt