One Patch Organic Baby Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Send your little one off to dreamland in cuddly comfort with this adorable little quilt. This One Patch Organic Baby Quilt is made from organic fabrics and uses 100% pure wool batting. Follow the tutorial to learn how to make a quilt that's baby-friendly and incredibly simple. The top is sewn in less than one hour and the quilt finished in one day. It is both machine-quilted and held together with knots, and is very easy for quilters of all skill levels to complete. Create this quilt for your next baby shower gift, or as a present to the newest bundle of joy in your own family.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
You can easily learn how to make a quilt that's cute, beautiful, and environmentally-friendly. Organic materials such as organic cottons, organic batting, and fabrics that use low-impact dyes can be used to make quilt patterns free of many synthetic ingredients, which can mean they're potentially much gentler on a baby's skin.
Typically, cottons that are considered "organic" are those that are grown and harvested without the use of pesticides, herbicides, and artificial fertilizers. Research shows that while cotton is only grown in 3% of the world’s cultivated areas, it accounts for 25% of pesticides and 10% of insecticides used throughout the world. Essentially, cotton can be incredibly susceptible to both pests and diseases.
When it comes to learning how to make a quilt with organic fabrics, though, the benefits stretch far beyond the health of the plants being harvested. Going organic has been shown to mean better health for both consumers and farmers, lower costs to farmers, and environmental conservation.
Read NextSingin' in the Rain Baby Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Singin' in the Rain Baby Quilt
- Baby Blue Chevron Quilt Tutorial
- Patchwork Star Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Deep Blue Sea Quilt
- Blue Stars and Stripes Baby Quilt
- Adorable Triangle Baby Quilt
- The easiest baby quilt you will ever make!
- Giant Hunter’s Star Baby Quilt Pattern
- Afternoon Tango Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Rainbow Raindrops Baby Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Fabric Christmas Village
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Fabric Kimekomi Christmas Ornaments
- Merry & Cheer Quilted Christmas Table Runner Pattern
- Winter Trees Quilted Table Runner
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns