18 Free Bargello Quilt Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
From smaller placemat patterns to free quilt patterns, the quilts in 18 Free Bargello Quilt Patterns are some of the prettiest free quilt patterns we have on our site and we are sure that you are going to love them as much as we do. Bargello quilt patterns are some of the most stunning and intricate free quilting patterns you will find. Created by using strips of fabric, often jelly rolls, to make a design that is both colorful and eye-catching, bargello quilt patterns are surprisingly easy.
Perfect for learning how to quilt, a bargello quilt is a fabulous way to start quilting new types of quilts because it is relatively simple to piece together despite all of the piecework and seams. You can either choose a handful of scraps, a jelly roll pack, or cut your own strips to make these bargello quilt patterns.
Plus, learn how to make a bargello quilt with our exclusive step-by-step article on how to piece together one of these mesmerizing patterns!
What Are Bargello Quilts?
Bargello quilt patterns are made up of strips of fabric. These strips are pieced together to create a sense of movement in the design. These stunning types of quilts are often referred to as optical illusion quilts because of the way they seem to move with the eyes. A truly modern type of quilting, bargello quilt patterns are gaining popularity because they combine fun, contemporary style with simple, beginner-level patterns!
While bargello quilts contain a lot of smaller pieces of fabric, they're created by cutting out strips of fabric and sewing them together, therefore they only require straight stitches. Straight stitching makes it simple for beginners to make these quilts with ease. The best bargello quilt patterns use the fabric color and print to their advantage, expertly combining the piecing instructions with colors and textures that create a marriage of movement between the elements.
If you love bargello quilts, you're going to love our collection of jelly roll quilt patterns, 45 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns and New Jelly Roll Quilts. 45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
Free Bargello Quilt Patterns
Here at FaveQuilts.com, we are totally in love with modern quilt patterns like the bargello quilt patterns below. Coming in all shapes and sizes, all of these bargello quilts are pretty in their own way. Designed to add the wow-factor to your quilting projects and patterns, these ideas are sure to delight just about any quilter.
Learning how to quilt can be difficult, but beginner quilt patterns like the free bargello quilt patterns below make it worth the effort.
- The Incredible Scrappy Bargello
This will become your go-to pattern when you need to clean out your scrap basket! Explore the bargello quilting technique with this easy tutorial before moving on to a more complicated bargello design.
- Breakfast Bargello Placemat
Enjoy breakfast in bed with this stunning quilted placemat pattern. This sunny and floral DIY placemat is created out of jelly rolls and a bargello quilt pattern that is intricate yet easy. Plus, it's another great starter pattern.
- Best Bargello Bag
- Pioneer Braid Quilt Bargello Border
Bargello quilt designs don't have to be limited to the interior of a quilt. Learn how to make an intricate quilt border with this simple quilting tutorial.
- Strip Pieced Watercolor Quilt Part 1
Watercolor quilts are among the most beautiful designs, but they can be intimidating. Break the steps down into easy pieces with the Strip Pieced Watercolor Quilt.
- Rain Drops Bargello Quilt Tutorial
Some see rain as a gift and some as a curse, but everyone will agree that the Rain Drops Bargello Quilt Tutorial is a gorgeous way to make a quilt pattern.
- Playing the Scales Pattern
The contrast of shades creates an eye-catching pattern that's mesmerizing from up close and far away. Your fabrics will come together in perfect harmony.
- Clever Bargello Block
Check out this guide on the Clever Bargello Block to read instructions on how to make a block with a mesmerizing quilt design.
- African Jungle Bargello Quilt Pattern
Despite looking complex, this quilt pattern is for beginners, so don't be intimidated if you're starting out.
- Ah-mazing Improv Quilt
The daring and sleek look of the Ah-mazing Improv Quilt comes together through strip quilt piecing and your own bold design skills.
- Rainbow Bright Bargello Quilt
With this fun and spirited jelly roll quilt, you can create a boldly vibrant bargello quilt that will leave guests completely stunned.
- Squirrelly Bargello Quilt Tutorial
Everyone feels antsy from time to time. Put that energy into following this bargello quilt tutorial that's easy and super fun.
- Zig Zag Bargello Quilt
Make this bargello quilting pattern by using the half square triangle quilting technique to create the strips of fabric that are so strongly associated with this incredible quilting style.
- Springtime Bargello Quilt Pattern
Create a masterpiece that transports you to a place where you feel those first warm, fragrant breezes of the year with this Springtime Bargello Quilt Pattern.
- Digital Daisy Chevron Quilt Tutorial
This Digital Daisy Chevron Quilt Tutorial looks like something out of an old computer or video game because it's both a chevron and bargello quilt pattern.
- Elegant and Easy Bargello
This quick and easy step-by-step guide is a fool-proof way to make a gorgeous bargello quilt. Bargello quilts may look complicated, but creating their unique designs are a total breeze!
FaveQuilts Special Bonus!
If you're still intimidated by making a bargello pattern, then you're in luck because FaveQuilts now has two exclusive step-by-step articles on how to make a bargello quilt pattern. These back to basics articles are a great way for new quilters to get started. Check out the two free quilt patterns below and our guest blogger, Krystal Jakelwicz, will walk you through each step of the bargello making process.
- How to Make a Bargello Quilt Pattern
Have you fallen in love with bargello quilts? Learn how to make your own bargello quilt pattern with this step-by-step tutorial!
- Blue Bargello Quilt Pattern
Create a simple and elegant quilt in shades of sky blue with this free bargello pattern. Be sure to download the free PDF pattern!
What's your favorite quilt pattern? Let us know below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- 18 Free Bargello Quilt Patterns
- Best Quilt Patterns for Free
- Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns
- 100 Best Free Quilt Patterns of 2014
- 20+ Easy Chevron Quilt Patterns
- The 100 Best Quilt Patterns of 2013: Baby Quilt Patterns, Quilted Handbags, Free Quilt Blocks and More
- 16 Simple and Small Quilt Patterns
- 14 Winning Free Quilt Patterns from March
- 11 Best Free Quilt Patterns of February
- Top Free Quilt Patterns of October 2011
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Riley Blake Wildflower Fabric
- Snow Globe Mini Quilt
- Snap Bag Tutorial
- Skull Quilt Block
- Foundation Paper Piecing Tips and Tricks
- Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern
- Fabric Editions Halloween Harvest Fabric Collection
- Riley Blake Fab-boo-lous Fabric Collection
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns