Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns
Find the best way to use your fabric scraps with these quick and easy scrap quilts!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
It can be tempting to buy new yardage for every quilt project you start, but scrap quilts can be some of the most charming and attractive quilts. Just check out the Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns for proof! The well-loved free quilt patterns in this collection are designed to use up leftover fabric from other projects.
Scrap quilt patterns present an enjoyable challenge to quilters; they spark our creativity and encourage us to play with different combinations of colors and prints. There's a sense of satisfaction in bringing together a disparate handful of fabrics and making them into something beautiful and cohesive.
Of course, scrap quilts are also rockstar money-savers! Stashbusting quilt patterns allow you to get the best value out of past fabric purchases and save you the cost of new fabric. Choose one of these free scrap quilt patterns and start stretching your dollar and your brain!
Table of Contents
Love scrap quilting? Then you need to download our free eBook, Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns. You'll love the patterns because they're super simple. Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Scrappy Quilt Block Patterns
If you're stuck with extra scraps from your previous quilt projects, use them as the beginning of your newest scrap quilt.
- Scrappy Geese Quilt BlockTry sewing this Scrappy Geese Quilt Block to use up all of your spare fabric. This tutorial uses the flying geese quilting technique to create a lovely geometric patchwork design.
- Scrappy Rainbow Star Quilt BlockTurn a simple eight-pointed starflower block into a rainbow block with this Scrappy Rainbow Star Quilt Block tutorial.
- Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt BlockThe Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block is a fantastic project to make if you have tons of multicolored scrap quilt fabric from previous quilting projects.
- Twinkle Twinkle Scrappy StarLet this Twinkle Twinkle Scrappy Star quilt block tutorial brighten your nights and inspire you to make a full friendship star-patterned quilt.
Scrap Quilt Patterns
- Upcycled Denim Rag QuiltRefashion all of your old blue jeans into this Upcycled Denim Rag Quilt! This rag quilt pattern has frayed seams and is made of scraps of denim and colorful fabrics.
- The Incredible Scrappy BargelloThe Incredible Scrappy Bargello is your go-to bargello quilt pattern when you need to clean out your scrap basket!
- Scrappy Ocean WavesThe Scrappy Ocean Waves quilt is a scrap quilt pattern you will want to display in the master bedroom!
- This clever pattern makes colorful full bed quilts that will use up all the leftover fabrics in your stash.
- One Color Scrappy Baby QuiltThe One Color Scrappy Baby Quilt proves that simple patterns for scrap quilts can be just as attractive as other easy baby quilt patterns.
Small Scrap Quilting Patterns
- Simply Scrappy Candle Mat PatternThis project will make an adorable rest for your candles. Try sewing this mat in colors that accent your home for a beautiful home decor quilting project.
- Scrappy Christmas Tree OrnamentsThese Scrappy Christmas Tree Ornaments are made with just a few pieces of fabric sewn to a square of felt and cut in the shape of an evergreen.
- Scrappy Nine Patch Mini QuiltThe Scrappy Nine Patch Mini Quilt is a fabric lover's dream. Several different patterns and color schemes are used among the tiny squares.
- Scrappy Stripes Quilted PlacematsThese Scrappy Stripes Quilted Placemats have a simple white center with a clean look and fun striped piecing on the borders. Put together these placemats in just a few hours!
Scrap Quilt Ideas for Beginners
- Scrappy X Plus Quilt TutorialThis Scrappy X Plus Quilt Tutorial shows you how to turn all of your bits and pieces of scrap fabric into one stunning quilt that you'll love showing off.
- Staggered Strips Scrap Quilt BlocksStaggered Strips Scrap Quilt Blocks are for those times when you just want to clean out your scrap stash with an easy scrap quilt pattern.
- Fun With Bricks Scrap QuiltFun With Bricks Scrap Quilt is a fun way to bust your fabric stash and make a quilt for a guest bedroom or as a donation to charity.
- This Scraptastic Quilted Tote shows off your pretty scraps, and you don't even have to buy new fabric to gussy it up.
- Appliqued Scraps Quilted Floor MatThe Appliqued Scraps Quilted Floor Mat can be used as a doormat, a small decorative rug, or a kneeling mat for the garden.
- Scrappy Meets Amish Quilt PatternIf you love the simplicity of Amish quilting, then you'll love this easy 9 patch quilt pattern.
- 11 Patch Scrap QuiltTake the scrappy quilt design for a nine patch quilt even further to have your own 11 Patch Scrap Quilt.
- Barn Raised Log Cabin QuiltOnce you've learned how to make a basic log cabin quilt block, you can begin experimenting with different log cabin quilt variations that will give the pattern new depth.
- Clever Bargello BlockThis beautifully color-coordinated pattern is actually quite easy to learn. Even better, you can use scrap quilting materials that you already own to create this fabulous scrap quilt block.
- Bubbly QuiltMake a shower of polka dots using applique quilt patterns and have some real fun by placing them anywhere you want on your quilt.
How do you use your fabric scraps? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Journey around the world with a throw quilt pattern that's incredibly beginner friendly and is easy to design with this Bon Voyage… Continue reading: "Bon Voyage Throw Quilt Pattern"
- Best Quilt Patterns for Free
- 18 Free Bargello Quilt Patterns
- 16 Simple and Small Quilt Patterns
- Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns
- 20+ Easy Chevron Quilt Patterns
- 100 Best Free Quilt Patterns of 2014
- The Top 15 Free Quilt Patterns from June
- 14 Winning Free Quilt Patterns from March
- 11 Best Free Quilt Patterns of February
- How to Quilt in Fall: 13 of September's Most Gorgeous Free Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Circuits Circus Quilt Pattern
- 3D Doors Quilt
- How To Make A Bias Binding
- Scrappy Stars
- Quilted Wall Hanging From Scraps
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Coasters
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- Sulky of America
- Fat Quarter Organizer Bins
- Pumpkin Patch Easy Mini Quilt For Beginners
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns