- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. When I was young, my mother would make quilts in our dining room. She would sew chain pieces and I would then cut them apart. As I grew older I then learned how to iron pieces properly and then learned how to make a quilt for myself from start to finish. As time moved forward, I started getting active in school events meaning no time for sewing.
Fast forward to 2013 and at the time, my boyfriend Noel and I moved to San Antonio, Texas. He was given a great opportunity for a job in which we both decided to take an adventure and move out. During this time I was trying to find a job. Since this was our first time moving far away from family I wanted to add “touches” to our apartment and make it more like home. While visiting our family, my mother let me take her sewing machine home. I started off small making table runners, pillows, baby and lap size quilts. Once I learned how to build and make patterns of my own, I wanted to share them with other quilters. Thus Lets Quilt Something’s Blog came about.
While I was making quilt patterns I also wanted to learn how to long arm quilt my quilts. I wanted to be able to finish my quilts from start to finish! In 2014, I started taking classes at my favorite quilt store. After much practice, my wonderful now-fiancé let me get a long arm machine at the beginning of 2016.
After many quilts and patterns I shared with my readers, my mother and Noel mentioned that I should try and see if I can write a book or have them featured in a magazine. I personally thought to myself, “No way, like that will ever happen…” but one thing I remember telling Noel, “It never hurts to try and go above and beyond.” So I submitted tons of patterns and ideas to many quilt magazines. After a few weeks went by, I received an email by Fons and Porters saying they wanted to feature my quilt pattern! I was so unbelievably excited and had to re-read the email several times to make sure I was not dreaming.
Fast forward to today: I have had quilt patterns featured in Fons and Porters Magazines, McCalls Quilt Magazines, and even American Quilter too!
Quilting and long arm quilting are a huge part of my life. I can finally let my creative side fly and I love seeing others enjoy my patterns I share! I cannot wait for the next year to come to see what more accomplishments I can achieve. I hope you all can join me and see what I come up with next. =)
Let's Quilt Something Blog
Let's Quilt Something
Follow Let's Quilt Something on Instagram
Follow Let's Quilt Something on Facebook
Follow Let's Quilt Something on Pinterest
Krystal's Projects on FaveQuilts:
- How to Make a Bargello Quilt Pattern
- Blue Bargello Quilt Pattern
- Tidal Pool Layer Cake Pattern
- Sunburst Disappearing Pinwheel Pattern
- Rainbow Bright Bargello Quilt
- Looking Glass Charm Pack Pattern
- Day Lily Disappearing Pinwheel Pattern
- Green Gables Quilt Pattern
- Everglades Herringbone Quilt Pattern
- What's Your Sign Zodiac Quilt
- Spooky Tales Jelly Roll Pattern
- Ugly Sweater Layer Cake Pattern
- Pretty Persimmon Layer Cake Pattern
- Snowball Fight Layer Cake Pattern
- Domino Star Quilt Pattern
- Holiday Nights Layer Cake Pattern
- Road to Oklahoma Quilt Pattern
- Ice Fractals Jelly Roll Pattern
- Aztec Charm Pack Pattern
- Heartbeat Jelly Roll Pattern
- Shattered Glass Quilt Pattern
- Winterberry Layer Cake Quilt Pattern
- Ella's Dream Charm Pack Quilt Pattern
- Ivy League Baby Quilt Pattern
- Chocoholic Charm Pack Pattern
- Field of Tulips Quilt Pattern
- Scandinavian Spring Quilt Pattern
- Steel Magnolia Quilt Pattern
- Sleeping Beauty Quilt Pattern
- Italian Marble Quilt Pattern
- Betsy Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern
- Weeknight Gold Charm Pack Quilt Pattern
- Throwing Star Quilt Tutorial
- Summer Roses Table Runner Pattern
- Rustic Log Cabin Quilt
- Georgia Barn Quilt Pattern
- Arizona Sun Baby Quilt
- Rainbow Pinwheels Layer Cake Quilt
- Mixed Bag Jelly Roll Race Quilt
- Love Booth Lap Quilt
- Driftwood Log Cabin Quilt
- Glitch in the Matrix Log Cabin Quilt
Read NextJulie Herman
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
lswanekamp1 096901 8
Oct 18, 2020
What happened to Krystal? Can't find her blog, website or patterns.
Oct 27, 2018
I made the most wonderful quilt using your Rainbow Bright bargello pattern. I used Robert Kaufman's Ombre for the quilt. How do you make it for a queen sized bed and retain the movement. Where do you add the extra jelly roll. I was planning this quilt to come out looking like an ocean wave using batik blues. I hope you can help me. Thank you, judester
roininen1959 98545 38
Aug 25, 2017
Is the Rainbow Bright Bargello quilt your design. I am a teacher at a Tech and would like to use this pattern for a quilting class. To do this I will have to have your permission to use your pattern.
Sep 01, 2017
Hi roininen, this is simply Krystal's designer profile on FaveQuilts. To ask for her permission, you will need to contact her on her blog, let'squiltsomething.blogspot.com. Thanks! - SiteEditor
robbiem1945 033251 4
May 25, 2017
I am interested in making your Frozen Lake. But the instructions are rather vague. Do you square up the HST? If so, to what measurement. Do you square up the pin wheel block? Again, if so, to what measurement? And what is the new block's measurement? And then the final block?
Sep 01, 2017
Hi robbiem, since we link to Krystal's quilt patterns, not feature them in full, you will need to contact her blog directly for specific quilting questions. You can visit her blog at letsquiltsomething.blogspot.com. Thanks! - Site Editor
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern
"Do you love modern and minimalist quilts? Or better yet, do you love easy quilts that sew up quickly? Then the Free Swiss Cross Quilt… Continue reading: "Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Loose Ends
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns