We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. When I was young, my mother would make quilts in our dining room. She would sew chain pieces and I would then cut them apart. As I grew older I then learned how to iron pieces properly and then learned how to make a quilt for myself from start to finish. As time moved forward, I started getting active in school events meaning no time for sewing.
Fast forward to 2013 and at the time, my boyfriend Noel and I moved to San Antonio, Texas. He was given a great opportunity for a job in which we both decided to take an adventure and move out. During this time I was trying to find a job. Since this was our first time moving far away from family I wanted to add “touches” to our apartment and make it more like home. While visiting our family, my mother let me take her sewing machine home. I started off small making table runners, pillows, baby and lap size quilts. Once I learned how to build and make patterns of my own, I wanted to share them with other quilters. Thus Lets Quilt Something’s Blog came about.
While I was making quilt patterns I also wanted to learn how to long arm quilt my quilts. I wanted to be able to finish my quilts from start to finish! In 2014, I started taking classes at my favorite quilt store. After much practice, my wonderful now-fiancé let me get a long arm machine at the beginning of 2016.
After many quilts and patterns I shared with my readers, my mother and Noel mentioned that I should try and see if I can write a book or have them featured in a magazine. I personally thought to myself, “No way, like that will ever happen…” but one thing I remember telling Noel, “It never hurts to try and go above and beyond.” So I submitted tons of patterns and ideas to many quilt magazines. After a few weeks went by, I received an email by Fons and Porters saying they wanted to feature my quilt pattern! I was so unbelievably excited and had to re-read the email several times to make sure I was not dreaming.
Fast forward to today: I have had quilt patterns featured in Fons and Porters Magazines, McCalls Quilt Magazines, and even American Quilter too!
Quilting and long arm quilting are a huge part of my life. I can finally let my creative side fly and I love seeing others enjoy my patterns I share! I cannot wait for the next year to come to see what more accomplishments I can achieve. I hope you all can join me and see what I come up with next. =)
Krystal's Projects on FaveQuilts:
- How to Make a Bargello Quilt Pattern
- Blue Bargello Quilt Pattern
- Tidal Pool Layer Cake Pattern
- Sunburst Disappearing Pinwheel Pattern
- Rainbow Bright Bargello Quilt
- Looking Glass Charm Pack Pattern
- Day Lily Disappearing Pinwheel Pattern
- Green Gables Quilt Pattern
- Everglades Herringbone Quilt Pattern
- What's Your Sign Zodiac Quilt
- Spooky Tales Jelly Roll Pattern
- Ugly Sweater Layer Cake Pattern
- Pretty Persimmon Layer Cake Pattern
- Snowball Fight Layer Cake Pattern
- Domino Star Quilt Pattern
- Holiday Nights Layer Cake Pattern
- Flying South for the Winter Pattern
- Road to Oklahoma Quilt Pattern
- Ice Fractals Jelly Roll Pattern
- Aztec Charm Pack Pattern
- Heartbeat Jelly Roll Pattern
- Shattered Glass Quilt Pattern
- Winterberry Layer Cake Quilt Pattern
- Ella's Dream Charm Pack Quilt Pattern
- Ivy League Baby Quilt Pattern
- Chocoholic Charm Pack Pattern
- Field of Tulips Quilt Pattern
- Scandinavian Spring Quilt Pattern
- Steel Magnolia Quilt Pattern
- Sleeping Beauty Quilt Pattern
- Italian Marble Quilt Pattern
- Betsy Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern
- Weeknight Gold Charm Pack Quilt Pattern
- Throwing Star Quilt Tutorial
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Starry Night Free Motion Tutorial
- Springtime Disappearing Nine Patch Baby Quilt
- Blank Quilting Co.
- Canada Maple Leaf Block Pattern
- Desert Path Table Runner Tutorial
- Posy Pocket Tote Tutorial
- Simple Half Square Triangle Block Tutorial
- Nebula Mini Quilt Pattern
- Penguin Paper Piecing Block Pattern
- Diamond Totem Quilt Pattern