Quilting for Beginners: 30+ Simple Quilt Patterns
Quilt patterns don't get easier than this! If you're new to quilting, be sure to check out these free quilt patterns for beginners (not that easy quilting patterns aren't loved by all quilters).
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Everyone has to start their quilting journey somewhere, but it can be difficult figuring out which patterns to choose from.
If this sounds like you, just take a look at Quilting for Beginners: 30+ Simple Quilt Patterns, because we've compiled a great list of easy free quilt patterns in all shapes and sizes.
Improve your applique skills, learn how to piece together quilt blocks, and get started on your very first beginner quilt pattern without worry.
Learning how to quilt can seem very intimidating. You probably decided to pick up the hobby after marveling at some intricate and stunning patterns.
The best way to learn how to quilt is to use simple quilting patterns a+nd work your way up.
We have free quilting patterns of all shapes, sizes, and degrees of difficulty here at FaveQuilts.com. One of these beginner quilting patterns may very well be your very first (or second) quilt.
Sign Up For More Free Quilt Patterns
Plus! Don't miss our video tutorial for How to Make a Nine Patch Block! It's perfect for beginners.
Table of Contents
Quilting as you go is the latest trend for quilters these days. If you want to check out quilt-as-you-go projects, then check out this article: Quick Quilts: 15 Quilt As You Go Tutorials and Quilt As You Go Blocks
FIRST! How to Start Quilting: Beginners Tutorials
Learning how to quilt can be a daunting task! There are so many new words and techniques to learn. Even the most experienced sewists often have reservations about learning how to make a quilt.
There's nothing to be scared of! Learning how to quilt is actually pretty easy if you take your time and check out the right tutorials!
Here at FaveQuilts, we have a ton of helpful quilting tutorials for beginners, free quilt patterns, and anything else you might need!
First Time Quilting: How to Start
Before sitting down to make your first quilting project, we recommend doing some reading and researching.
Being familiar with quilting techniques and terms will help ease your mind before creating your first project! Checking out the following tutorials for tips and tricks.
Basic Applique Quilt Designs
Practice your sewing before starting a big project with some applique quilt designs. Applique patterns are small quilting projects that can be made super quickly, making them budget-friendly and easy enough for beginners.
If you've been searching for a quick way to update your favorite tote bag or t-shirt, then don't miss these easy applique patterns.
Small Quilt Projects
Simple quilt patterns come in all shapes and sizes. See how you can dress up your walls and decorate your home with your quilting.
This collection of small quilt projects also includes easy and stylish tote bags, so that you can practice your patchwork skills before taking them to the big leagues with a full quilt. Spend your weekend working on one of these small quilt projects.
For even more little quilting projects to make, take a look at this collection full of them: 16 Simple and Small Quilt Patterns
Easy Quilt Block Patterns
Don't stress about making your first quilt. Start off with one of these easy quilt block patterns and you'll already be one step closer to a completed project.
The building blocks of full quilt patterns, these DIY quilt blocks are the perfect introductory projects to quilting. Plus, they're a great way to become familiar with classic quilt designs.
Learn more about quilt block styles and find new patterns to try inside this collection: 20+ Quilt Block Names and Meanings: The Ultimate Guide
Simple Quilting Patterns for Beginners
These simple patterns will knock your socks off. They're beginner-friendly and totally stylish.
From budget-friendly t-shirt quilts that are perfect for preserving memories to simple patchwork quilts, these DIY quilt patterns are quick, easy, and most importantly, completely beginner-approved!
Beginner Quilt Patterns
Quilting for beginners won't be difficult if you start off with one of these simple quilt patterns. They're as beautiful as they are easy!
This list of beginner-friendly quilt patterns includes the popular strip quilt, which is great if you're a quilting newbie, and is ideal for precut fabric like jelly rolls. These beginner quilt patterns are as budget-friendly as they are easy.
PLUS! Quilting for Beginners YouTube
One of the best ways to learn a new technique is through videos. How-to videos allow you actually to watch someone else create a project. Quilting beginners and visual learners should check it out when learning techniques.
Check out our Youtube for tons of quilting videos and tutorials.
Here at FaveQuilts, we have literally hundreds of free patterns and quilt project ideas for you to check out. Don't miss out on this massive list: 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips eBook >>
What are your favorite types of beginner quilting projects?
Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
If you want to make a cute quilted baby blanket for an upcoming shower, then follow this free tutorial to create a Super Fast and Easy… Continue reading: "Super Fast and Easy Baby Blanket"
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- 15 Irish Chain Quilt Patterns
- Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern
- Little Bird Quilt Pattern
- How to Make a Dog Bed
- Easy Four Patch Quilt Pattern Ombre Sunset
- 17 Fabulous and Free PDF Quilt Patterns
- 23 Precut Fabric Quilt Patterns
- State Fair Quilt
- 12 Inch Quilt Block Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Fabric Christmas Village
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Fabric Kimekomi Christmas Ornaments
- Merry & Cheer Quilted Christmas Table Runner Pattern
- Winter Trees Quilted Table Runner
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns