- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Bonnie K. Hunter
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Bonnie K. Hunter is passionate about quilting, focusing mainly on scrap quilts with the simple feeling of “making do.” She started her love affair with quilting in a home economics class her senior year of high school in 1980 and has never looked back. Before quilting became her full time career, Bonnie was the owner and designer of “Needle in a Haystack!!” creating over 70 patterns for dolls and stuffed animals with a country primitive feel. Many of her designs were licensed through the Butterick Pattern Company, translated into 7 languages, and sold around the globe through fabric stores.
But quilting has always been Bonnie’s first love. She started machine quilting her quilts in 1988 and spent many years professionally long-arm machine quilting for the public after purchasing her first long-arm machine in 1995. She has been featured in magazines both for her quilt patterns and articles she has written on scrap management and using that stash to its full potential.
Bonnie is dedicated to continuing the traditions of quilting. She enjoys meeting with quilters, teaching workshops, and lecturing to quilt guilds all over the USA, challenging quilters to break the rules, think outside the box, and find what brings them joy.
Her first book, Scraps & Shirttails, was released in 2008 followed by her second book, Adventures With Leaders & Enders, released in early 2010,also published by Kansas City Star. Be on the look-out for Scraps & Shirttails II, due for release in early 2011!
Bonnie writes a regular column for Quiltmaker Magazine entitled "Addicted to Scraps" with the main intention to help you to put various aspects of your own Scrap User's System to good use!
Her large website Quiltville.com is visited by thousands of quilters around the globe daily, providing many with ideas for using those precious scraps, including free patterns to get you started!
Bonnie’s favorite motto? “The Best Things in Life are Quilted!!” of course!
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
- Trip Around the World Bed Quilt
- Cathedral Stars Quilt
- Crayon Box Quilt
- Crumb Quilt
- Jared Takes a Wife
- My Blue Heaven Bed Quilt
- Ohio Stars and Rails Quilt
- Patches and Pinwheels
- Pineapple Blossom
- Fun With Bricks Scrap Quilt
- Quilt Backing Yardage Requirements
- Random Ohio Stars Throw
- Scrap User's System
- Scrappy Ocean Waves
- Smoky Mountain Stars Quilt
- Weed Whacker Bed Quilt
- String X Lap Quilt
- Streak of Sunshine Baby Quilt
- Storytime Stars Quilt
- Out on a String
- Diamond in a Square Strings
- String Quilting Primer
- The Incredible Scrappy Bargello
- Spooky Witch Paper Pieced Block
- Misty Mountain Quilt Pattern
- Basket Weave Quilt Pattern
- Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern
Read NextJulie Herman
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 01, 2013
Bonnie Hunter is a wonderful teacher! I have learned so very much from her. She does a Quilt-Cam where she does quilting and tells us all about it along the way while answering questions that we send her. She has some really great free quilts that can be found on her blog, Quiltville!
littlethunder60 65 35652
Aug 02, 2012
Hi my name is Sherri i would like to start quilting but not sure where to start i would like to do a quilt for my queen size bed thinking about blocks to start with sence it's my first one. could you help me out.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks
It doesn't get much prettier or simpler than these Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks. Quilting doesn't always have to be… Continue reading: "Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns