- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
I grew up watching my mom sew for me: blankets, clothes, doll beds, curtains, aprons, etc. I still remember when she took her first quilting class and came home and taught me how to hand piece a 9-patch block. We were both hooked. I like playing with fabric and designing color schemes for quilts, but it wasn’t until I quit my job after having my first baby thirteen years ago, that I really needed a project - something that stimulated me creatively and something that stayed done. And I’ve been quilting like a crazy lady ever since!
I thoroughly enjoyed teaching beginning quilting classes while working at a local quilt shop and watching other women fall in love with a new hobby. In 2008, I discovered blogs written by other sewers and quilters and felt like I’d found a bunch of new best friends. I started writing my own blog, Diary of a Quilter, later that year. I have thoroughly enjoyed connecting with the online quilting and sewing community. For years I hid my interest because I just didn’t have any friends my age with the same interests in sewing and quilting. It has been so much fun finding creative, talented and inspiring sewers around the world. Since starting my blog, I created an online series of beginning quilting tutorials, and I love when I get emails from strangers saying that they started quilting with my tutorials!
Behind the scenes I am a wife to a busy but patient and encouraging husband, and mother to four active grade-school kids. We live in Utah and love hiking, visiting national parks, and playing with legos.
Diary of a Quilter Facebook Page
Amy on FaveQuilts Top Blogger Patterns!
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Felt Circles Applique Christmas Pillow
Peppermint Flower Dresden Block
Squaring Your Half Square Triangles
Just for Baby Monogrammed Quilt
Spring Cottage Quilted Table Runner
Quilting Made Simple from Start to Finish
Enchanted Cottage Mini Quilt Pattern
Small Wonders Nine Patch Quilt
Springtime Lattice Baby Quilt Tutorial
Modern Basket Quilt Block Tutorial
Farmhouse Four Patch Quilt Tutorial
Patchwork Star Baby Quilt Tutorial
Christmas Cornerstone Quilt Tutorial
Don't miss Amy on the FaveQuilts Blogger Patterns We Love Pinterest board!
Read NextJulie Herman
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Golden Hunter's Star Quilt
Some star quilt patterns are more common than others if you want to try something totally different from the look of a lone star… Continue reading: "Golden Hunter's Star Quilt"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns