We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
I have been sewing since I was about 6 or 7 when my mom taught me how to sew a straight line. When I took some home-ec classes in middle school, I started sewing clothing. In my late teens and early 20s, I took several years away from sewing, mainly because I didn't have a machine. Then in my late 20s, I purchased a machine and my love for sewing has grown stronger and stronger. Honestly, I can't remember the last day that went by without me doing some sort of stitching. Sewing is definitely my #1 creative outlet.
When I started my blog, sewtakeahike, my projects consisted of crafts and clothing. And that's how I wanted it to stay. When a friend of mine started talking to me about getting into quilting, I was strongly against it. I had heard too many testimonials from women that once they got into quilting, all other sewing ceased and quilting took over. I didn't want that to happen to me since I love all kinds of sewing. I'm happy to say that since I started quilting, I still do the occasional clothing or craft project. Quilting is my main obsession now, but if a clothing or craft pattern catches my eye, I don't think twice about sewing it up!
As far as quilting style, I love patchwork and a good ole scrappy quilt. I rarely use more than a couple of fabrics from a line in a quilt, and I tend to like and make quirky, off-beat patterns.
Besides sewing and quilting, I spend a lot of time with my husband whitewater kayaking, backpacking, camping, hiking, and backcountry skiing.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little country charm to your home by putting a spin on the traditional four patch quilt. This Farmhouse Four Patch Quilt… Continue reading: "Farmhouse Four Patch Quilt Tutorial"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns