- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
I'm a wife to an awesome husband and quilt-holder extraordinaire, mom to a 9 year old son (my wild thing!), and 3rd grade teacher. I'm from south Louisiana, but my family currently lives in Tennessee, along with our adorable but slightly neurotic Boxer, Beau.
When I'm not teaching, helping with homework, chauffeuring my wild thing to one of his many activities, or dealing with any other aspect of the day to day grind, I'm a fabric-obsessed quilter!
Work and life keep me busy of course, but I make time to quilt- and our whole family is happier for it- if Momma isn't happy, nobody's happy! It's my creative outlet and my stress-reliever- in short, I'm infatuated with it!
My love affair with quilts began long before I ever owned my first sewing machine. I've loved them for as long as I can remember.
My grandmother has always been a quilter, and I always loved choosing fabrics with her and watching as bits of the beautiful fabric were turned into an even more beautiful creation.
I made my first quilt in 1999 after getting snowed into our apartment (we lived in Baltimore at the time), just after my husband and I got married. I had bought fabric for the quilt, but I had no sewing machine, and NO idea what I was doing. That really about sums up many of my half-cocked quilty ideas- fabric first...then just figure out the rest!
I made a basic square template from a shoebox and traced it out onto the fabric- over, and over (and over) again. Then I cut the whole thing out with scissors and pieced the top by hand! I managed to call my grandmother and muddle through the quilting on a borrowed sewing machine. Right then, I was hooked. I bought my first machine a few days later and never looked back.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Scrappy Speedy Improv Quilt Blocks
Easy Peasy Chevron Quilt Pattern
Family Keepsake Quilt Tutorial
Christmas Adorned Quilt Tutorial
Read NextMelanie Rudy
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern
You can never go wrong with a classic! Make a gorgeous traditional Irish chain quilt in luxurious shades of navy and snowy white with… Continue reading: "China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns