We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
I'm a wife to an awesome husband and quilt-holder extraordinaire, mom to a 9 year old son (my wild thing!), and 3rd grade teacher. I'm from south Louisiana, but my family currently lives in Tennessee, along with our adorable but slightly neurotic Boxer, Beau.
When I'm not teaching, helping with homework, chauffeuring my wild thing to one of his many activities, or dealing with any other aspect of the day to day grind, I'm a fabric-obsessed quilter!
Work and life keep me busy of course, but I make time to quilt- and our whole family is happier for it- if Momma isn't happy, nobody's happy! It's my creative outlet and my stress-reliever- in short, I'm infatuated with it!
My love affair with quilts began long before I ever owned my first sewing machine. I've loved them for as long as I can remember.
My grandmother has always been a quilter, and I always loved choosing fabrics with her and watching as bits of the beautiful fabric were turned into an even more beautiful creation.
I made my first quilt in 1999 after getting snowed into our apartment (we lived in Baltimore at the time), just after my husband and I got married. I had bought fabric for the quilt, but I had no sewing machine, and NO idea what I was doing. That really about sums up many of my half-cocked quilty ideas- fabric first...then just figure out the rest!
I made a basic square template from a shoebox and traced it out onto the fabric- over, and over (and over) again. Then I cut the whole thing out with scissors and pieced the top by hand! I managed to call my grandmother and muddle through the quilting on a borrowed sewing machine. Right then, I was hooked. I bought my first machine a few days later and never looked back.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Turn your wall into a piece of art when you make and hang up the Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern. This quilt pattern really… Continue reading: "Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Christmas Ornament
- Frank Edmonds
- Christmas Flamingo Quilt Pattern
- The Neighborhood Quilt Pattern
- Patchwork Quilt Christmas Stocking
- Quilted Christmas Stocking Sewing Pattern
- Rosewood Manor
- Rosewood Manor Autumn Cross-Stitch Design
- Labyrinth Quilt Block Pattern
- How To Make Megic 8 Half Square Triangle Units
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns