We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Hi, I'm Karen Miller and I live in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of New York, USA. You'll find my sewing ramblings at Karen's Quilts, Crows and Cardinals blog. I've sewn most of my life and have always loved the needle arts, but I didn't start quilting until 2008 when my sister invited me to join a $1 block of the month. After that I was hooked on quilting.
These days you'll find most of my work centered around wool and cotton applique with simple piecing and designs that often include a bird. My entire family, including our flock of grandchildren, just love to watch, feed and photograph birds, and we're fortunate to live in a part of the world where we can observe a wide range of them. You can see my first two bird-oriented designs published on the Moda Bake Shop and available here on FaveQuilts!
I recently started Redbird Quilt Co. where I design and publish patterns that share my love of wool and cotton applique and my passion for free motion quilting. You can keep up on my latest pattern releases by following me on Craftsy. I'm also thrilled to be teaching the joy of applique and free motion quilting. You can visit my web site or Facebook page for upcoming classes.
I hope you enjoy the tutorials and patterns available on FaveQuilts -- what an awesome resource for free quilting information. I'm honored to be among the fantastic designers featured here!
I invite you to follow me on any or all of the social media listed to keep up on current happenings!
Karen's Projects on FaveQuilts
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great DIY graduation gift for a scholar in your life, free quilting patterns are a creative and useful… Continue reading: "Graduation Keepsake Quilt for Her"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns