We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
I wear several different hats! I’m a fiber artist working mainly in dyed and surface designed fabrics and art cloths. I love fibers, though, so I am constantly making pieces outside of my formal artwork, using crochet, embroidery, sewing, felting, … if it involves fabric/fibers I probably do it! Right now I’m especially interested in natural dyes, crochet design, and repurposing/remodeling clothes.
I’m also a graduate student. Currently I’m finishing my thesis research for a Masters degree in Art Education at Arizona State University and investigating how art is being taught on internet virtual worlds. I’ve taught art to students ranging from toddlers to seniors, in private and public schools, community centers, and workshops. Teaching keeps me focused on my own artwork and keeps me moving ahead in my skill levels.
And I’m a blogger! Art Threads is my fiber/fabric inspiration and tutorial art blog. I blog about what I like to do - sewing, felt, quilting, dying, embroidery, crochet, ... pretty much anything you use thread to create with! I also use the blog to teach about art. People often think of art as involving hard to find or use materials or as requiring advanced drawing/painting skills they haven’t had the opportunity to study. Fiber arts are easy to learn and you can buy the materials at your local stores. Once the basics are learned, anyone can use them to produce art at home.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Handbag
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Radiant Cross Quilt Pattern
- Tulip Garden Quilt Pattern
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Shoofly Quilt Block
- Strawberry Springtime Mini Quilt
- Plus Sign Quilt Block
- Quilted Tea Cozy (in 30 Min)
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns