American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Quilt Block of the Month Quilt Along
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
FaveQuilts is excited to share these wonderful Quilt Block of the Month videos! Straight from our video studio, we have created quilt block video tutorials for each month of the year designed by our guest blogger Carolina Moore! Follow along and you can create a uniquely beautiful quilt by the end of the year.
These quilting video tutorials will show you how to create reader-favorite patterns every month. Learn how to quilt the most classic block designs that have been loved by quilters for decades! From the simple 9 patch block to the rare Celtic knot, these monthly block tutorials bring so much variety to your yearly quilting schedule. Be sure to check out this page each month to make every gorgeous block in our Block of the Month collection. Here's wishing you happy quilting!
Find more pretty patterns from our friend Carolina Moore over at her blog, Always Expect Moore.
Table of Contents
- January: Nine Patch Block
- February: Square in a Square Block
- March: Rail Fence Block Pattern
- April: Log Cabin Block Pattern
- May: Half Square Triangle Block Pattern
- June: Snow Ball Block Pattern
- July: Flying Geese Block Pattern
- August: Bear Paw Block Pattern
- September: Lattice Square Block Pattern
- October: Drunkard's Path Block Pattern
- November: Star Flower Block Pattern
- December: Celtic Square Block Pattern
January: Nine Patch Block
February: Square in a Square Block
March: Rail Fence Block Pattern
April: Log Cabin Block Pattern
May: Half Square Triangle Block Pattern
June: Snow Ball Block Pattern
July: Flying Geese Block Pattern
August: Bear Paw Block Pattern
September: Lattice Square Block Pattern
October: Drunkard's Path Block Pattern
November: Star Flower Block Pattern
December: Celtic Square Block Pattern
Read NextCastles in the Air Block Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Aug 04, 2017
On the Bear Paw instructions are to cut four 5 1/" squares of each fabric but the block uses just two of each
Jul 01, 2017
Please, please respond to so many questions which come up EVERY month about how big these blocks are, how big would the quilt be, how much fabric in yardage for each bockm for total quilt, for background fabric etc., and show you care for your foloowers.
sweetpotato1959 67 31785
Apr 04, 2017
Ok Nubie here, how big are these blocks ? I did not find it in the writing, I guess I just missed it. I found exact measurments for the 9 patch, but did not see finished size for the block.
Mar 03, 2017
I also like this BOM but am wondering how much fabric is needed, especially of the background fabric.
Mar 01, 2017
What a neat idea! The aqua and blue colors really drew me in, and I can't wait to see the next block in April.
julieannbergeron 1 886430
Mar 02, 2017
Hi there I would like to creat this nice quilt. How much fabric is required?
Mar 01, 2017
I love the first three blocks and can't wait to see the rest!
Jan 28, 2017
I have been sewing for years and just started quilting a few years back. I have never done a block of the month and this one looks fun. Thank you so much for doing this! ) 3
Jan 06, 2017
This is a really cool idea! With just a little bit of work each month, you'll have a beautiful quilt at the end of the year. Just in time to give it to a loved one for the 2017 holiday season!
Jan 05, 2017
I love January's block and can't wait to see the rest. So excited for the Block of the Month series!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern
You can never go wrong with a classic! Make a gorgeous traditional Irish chain quilt in luxurious shades of navy and snowy white with… Continue reading: "China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns