Speeding Up SubCutting using Stagger Stacking
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Any quilter can appreciate free quilting tips! This stagger stacking quilting technique will help make your design time much more efficient! Not only is this the perfect beginner quilting technique, but it can help the needs of all skill-levels. Instead of spending hours on quilting projects, use this free quilting trick to cut your time in half!
From the Blogger: "We all love the Speed of Strip Piecing but don't really love the time it takes to Subcut it all. Using Stagger Stacking will vastly speed up your subcutting time without losing accuracy. It is a wonderful little technique that you are going to love."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size2 inches wide x 4 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Create a gorgeously unique art quilt that mixes Eastern inspiration with budget-friendly fat quarters with this Chinese Forget Me Not… Continue reading: "Chinese Forget Me Not Wall Hanging"
- How to Make a Square in a Square Quilt Block
- How to Square Up a Quilt Block
- How to Make a Bargello Quilt Pattern
- Learn How to Straight Line Quilt
- How to Design a Quilt on Graph Paper
- 27 Tips and Tricks for Quilt Making
- Trapunto Quilting 101
- How to Use a Walking Foot
- Easy Quilt as You Go Quilt Pattern
- How to Free Motion Quilt Clamshells
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Chrysanthemum Mini Quilt Pattern
- Victoriana Quilt Design Membership
- Classic Ohio Star Quilt Block Pattern
- California Poppy Quilt Block Pattern
- Free Pumpkin Quilt Block Pattern
- Quilt Block Face Mask Pattern
- Daisy Quilt
- Gone Batty Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns