This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
How To Sew A Quilt Back From 44" Fabric
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"This video will walk you through the steps of making a quilt back from 4 yards of 44" wide fabric. Sometimes you can't find wide quilt back fabric to match your quilt top. This easy technique will let you make a quilt back from your favorite 44" fabric!! Easy peasy, and quick!! This tutorial is for beginning quilters. But even if you've made a quilt top before you might learn a nugget or two!! Sometimes you need to piece fabric together to make a quilt back, and that's ok!!"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size84 inches wide x 72 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern
You can never go wrong with a classic! Make a gorgeous traditional Irish chain quilt in luxurious shades of navy and snowy white with… Continue reading: "China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern"
- Beginner's Guide to Quilting
- Purple Jam Quilt
- Thrift-store Shirt Quilt
- Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Pattern
- Nine Patch Quilt Block Pattern
- Rail Fence Quilt Block Pattern
- How to Design a Quilt on Graph Paper
- "17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt" eBook
- Log Cabin Block Pattern
- Quilt as You Go: Strip Quilting Video Tutorial
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns