We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Howdy! My name is Tammy Harrison and I am a wife, mother of four teenagers, and lover of all things quilt! I am also a recently diagnosed woman with Multiple Sclerosis, a disease that will likely slowly rob me of my brain. Quilt therapy is my salvation, a way to show that I will not allow this disease to take me from away from my passion. Additionally, I am the owner of http://www.BOMquilts.com, the best place online to find free block of the month quilt patterns, mystery quilt patterns and hundreds of other patterns across the Internet. I started BOMquilts.com in 2006 because of my love for piecing and designing block of the month quilts. I am not a professional quilter; though I have sold a few of my exclusive patterns, I prefer to share my quilt patterns with the world. Better to give my patterns away and foster the passion that I have for quilting than to spend time marketing to quilt shops to buy my quilts. I am also the owner and blog writer of http://www.QuiltTherapy.com, which is a bit more personal information about my quilts, my family, and my adventures in life.
My quilting style leans toward the traditional. I love perfecting the old blocks and showing new quilters how piecing can be SEW very simple! I love being able to perfect my own ability to piece these traditional blocks.
I started quilting when I was 19-years-old. I had been orphaned and separated from my siblings – enduring four foster homes. When I reached the age that I was out of the foster care system, I read a saying that said, “If you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love” (anonymous). That made a huge mark on my soul. Although I successfully survived a bad childhood, I decided that if I had a quilt to carry with me throughout those years, I would always have some sense of security. At that point, I taught myself to quilt so that I could share my quilted heart with other children.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you like star quilt patterns featuring the popular starflower block, you'll love this super quick Giant Vintage Starflower Quilt.… Continue reading: "Giant Vintage Starflower Quilt"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cabin Among The Stars
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns