We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Howdy! My name is Tammy Harrison and I am a wife, mother of four teenagers, and lover of all things quilt! I am also a recently diagnosed woman with Multiple Sclerosis, a disease that will likely slowly rob me of my brain. Quilt therapy is my salvation, a way to show that I will not allow this disease to take me from away from my passion. Additionally, I am the owner of http://www.BOMquilts.com, the best place online to find free block of the month quilt patterns, mystery quilt patterns and hundreds of other patterns across the Internet. I started BOMquilts.com in 2006 because of my love for piecing and designing block of the month quilts. I am not a professional quilter; though I have sold a few of my exclusive patterns, I prefer to share my quilt patterns with the world. Better to give my patterns away and foster the passion that I have for quilting than to spend time marketing to quilt shops to buy my quilts. I am also the owner and blog writer of http://www.QuiltTherapy.com, which is a bit more personal information about my quilts, my family, and my adventures in life.
My quilting style leans toward the traditional. I love perfecting the old blocks and showing new quilters how piecing can be SEW very simple! I love being able to perfect my own ability to piece these traditional blocks.
I started quilting when I was 19-years-old. I had been orphaned and separated from my siblings – enduring four foster homes. When I reached the age that I was out of the foster care system, I read a saying that said, “If you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love” (anonymous). That made a huge mark on my soul. Although I successfully survived a bad childhood, I decided that if I had a quilt to carry with me throughout those years, I would always have some sense of security. At that point, I taught myself to quilt so that I could share my quilted heart with other children.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Easy Diamond Strip Quilt Block is a tutorial for the busy quilter. The design allows you to quickly assemble a quilt block to make… Continue reading: "Easy Diamond Strip Quilt Block"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rosewood Manor
- Rosewood Manor Autumn Cross-Stitch Design
- Labyrinth Quilt Block Pattern
- How To Make Megic 8 Half Square Triangle Units
- Folded Star Potholder Tutorial
- Face Mask Pouch
- Vote Mini Quilt Pattern
- Short Stories Quilt Pattern
- Rows and Rows Quilt Pattern
- Melanie's Temperature Quilt Block Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns