12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
I have been sewing since I was about 6 or 7 when my mom taught me how to sew a straight line. When I took some home-ec classes in middle school, I started sewing clothing. In my late teens and early 20s, I took several years away from sewing, mainly because I didn't have a machine. Then in my late 20s, I purchased a machine and my love for sewing has grown stronger and stronger. Honestly, I can't remember the last day that went by without me doing some sort of stitching. Sewing is definitely my #1 creative outlet.
When I started my blog, sewtakeahike, my projects consisted of crafts and clothing. And that's how I wanted it to stay. When a friend of mine started talking to me about getting into quilting, I was strongly against it. I had heard too many testimonials from women that once they got into quilting, all other sewing ceased and quilting took over. I didn't want that to happen to me since I love all kinds of sewing. I'm happy to say that since I started quilting, I still do the occasional clothing or craft project. Quilting is my main obsession now, but if a clothing or craft pattern catches my eye, I don't think twice about sewing it up!
As far as quilting style, I love patchwork and a good ole scrappy quilt. I rarely use more than a couple of fabrics from a line in a quilt, and I tend to like and make quirky, off-beat patterns.
Besides sewing and quilting, I spend a lot of time with my husband whitewater kayaking, backpacking, camping, hiking, and backcountry skiing.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Gone Fishin' Paper Piecing Block
Vintage Embroidered Patchwork Cushion Pattern
Sunshine on My Shoulders Quilt Tutorial
Read NextJulie Herman
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern
A hexagons may seem like a complex shape compared to triangle quilt patterns, but this Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern is gorgeous and… Continue reading: "Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- Afternoon Tea Four Patch Table Runner
- Hexagon Log Cabin Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns