We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
I have been sewing since I was about 6 or 7 when my mom taught me how to sew a straight line. When I took some home-ec classes in middle school, I started sewing clothing. In my late teens and early 20s, I took several years away from sewing, mainly because I didn't have a machine. Then in my late 20s, I purchased a machine and my love for sewing has grown stronger and stronger. Honestly, I can't remember the last day that went by without me doing some sort of stitching. Sewing is definitely my #1 creative outlet.
When I started my blog, sewtakeahike, my projects consisted of crafts and clothing. And that's how I wanted it to stay. When a friend of mine started talking to me about getting into quilting, I was strongly against it. I had heard too many testimonials from women that once they got into quilting, all other sewing ceased and quilting took over. I didn't want that to happen to me since I love all kinds of sewing. I'm happy to say that since I started quilting, I still do the occasional clothing or craft project. Quilting is my main obsession now, but if a clothing or craft pattern catches my eye, I don't think twice about sewing it up!
As far as quilting style, I love patchwork and a good ole scrappy quilt. I rarely use more than a couple of fabrics from a line in a quilt, and I tend to like and make quirky, off-beat patterns.
Besides sewing and quilting, I spend a lot of time with my husband whitewater kayaking, backpacking, camping, hiking, and backcountry skiing.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Babar Inspired Vintage Quilt Pattern will take you back to the carefree days of childhood, when you wanted to wrap up in quilts… Continue reading: "Babar Inspired Vintage Quilt Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cabin Among The Stars
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns