We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
My quilting interest started about 36 years ago when I was pregnant with my first son. Quilter's Newsletter had just come out and it intrigued me. I had always been interested in sewing and, being a child of the 60's, made a lot of my own clothes growing up...think halter tops, mini skirts and culottes. I remember seeing a quilt on the cover of a magazine and falling in love, it was a colorful Lone Star. When I looked up the price it was a stunning $150 -- a little too pricey for our young family. At this time there were not a lot of new books on quilting, so I learned how to piece by hand and using templates. It was time consuming yet satisfying at the same time.
As our family grew my quilting went on the back burner, but things were made here and there, and I was always looking at quilting magazines. I took some classes but am mostly self-taught. My early quilts were very much traditional and pieced. In the 1990s, I took an applique class and was hooked; it opened so many more possibilites in the quilt world. My color pallette also started to change from the primitive/country look to much clearer colors and more contemporary designs.
I think we are living in such an exciting time in the quilt world! I love how the younger generation is taking it to a new and different level with different patterns and gorgeous new fabrics. Quilting without rulers and rules is where I feel I am going; it is a much more free and exciting way to quilt for me with many possibilities.
I am married to my high school sweetheart, Bob. We have 4 grown children (3 sons and 1 daughter) and 4 grandchildren. I think there are many more quilts to be made!
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Read NextMelissa Corry
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
For a Fabulous Fat Quarter Baby Quilt you won't forget, try this DIY quilting tutorial for a stroller-sized quilt for infants. This… Continue reading: "Fabulous Fat Quarter Baby Quilt"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Puzzle Box
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns