12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
John Adams is a husband and father of 3 who enjoys sewing and quilting in his spare time.
Inspired by the growing number of crafting blogs and the emergence of vibrant, modern quilting fabrics in the textile industry, John convinced his wife to teach him how to use her sewing machine in 2004 and hasn't looked back. He started his popular blog, QuiltDad.com, in 2008 to share his love of patchwork with others.
Since then, John has become very active in the online quilting communities. Today, he applies his modern quilting aesthetic by designing quilt patterns for both fabric designers and companies and contributing frequently to creative blogs, books and other collaborative endeavors. John is also a co-founder of the popular e-magazine Fat Quarterly.
John was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and currently lives in Holly Springs, North Carolina, with his wife Kiely, twin daughters Megan and Bevin, and son Sean. He earned his undergraduate and master's degrees at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and, when he isn't sewing, enjoys cheering for the UNC Tar Heels.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Read NextJulie Herman
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 12, 2020
The link is not good anymore and I really would love to have the instructions for this block pattern. Can anyone help me with this?
Cindykan949 719202 1
Dec 11, 2015
I really liked the Royal Patchwork block but can't seem to be able to view the directions. Has it been taken down?
Feb 06, 2013
I loved block #5.... where can I find blocks #1-4? Love the fact that a guy is making quilts too.
Jun 02, 2012
This is a nice blog. I enjoyed seeing your quilts. I have been wanting to learn how to quilt for years but too many objects stood in the way. If I am ever going to learn it better be now. Have a wonderful day. Sonjia
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks
It doesn't get much prettier or simpler than these Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks. Quilting doesn't always have to be… Continue reading: "Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns