Chris from made by ChrissieD
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Hi, I'm Chris - the person behind the brand made by ChrissieD and I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself.
Growing up in the north of England in the 1960s I've always been crafty - learning knitting, crocheting plus sewing from a very young age. I have a foundation degree in Art & Design specialising in ceramics. In England, I had my own interior design business concentrating on children's bedrooms, decorative murals, designing home cinemas and entertainment suites.
Moving to the States in August 2011, I discovered quilting, which led in April 2012 to creating the made by ChrissieD brand. On my blog, I share my work, knowledge, tips and tutes alongside info such as where to shop in NYC, stories about all the wonderful fabric stores I visit and feature people I meet on my worldwide travels!
Over the last five years I've been a Bernina Sales/Quilt Store Assistant in Manhattan, NYC moving on to teach quilting/sewing classes privately as well as in stores around the city. Pattern design/writing for quilting magazines and fabric companies keeps me busy too in addition to being a member of the Modern Quilt Guild, NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild and also the Quilt Alliance.
I live in Manhattan's backyard on the Hudson Riverfront with my husband, Simon and our two dogs; were happy empty nesters since our children have grown and gone off on their own adventures. In my spare time, I love being Grandma to our Grandson, Oliver and visiting our children in their homes around the world.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts
- How To Create Fast and Easy Selvedge Fabric
- Quilted Pillows with a Hidden Zipper
- Bold Border Mug Rugs
- Rainbow Scrapbusting Wonky Quilt Block
- Sliced Improv Quilt Block Pattern
- Scrappy Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Modern Geometric Blocks
- Simple Reverse Applique Tutorial
- Soothing Circles Raw Edge Applique
- Flower Power Nine Patch
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Block Pillow
- Golden Autumn Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern
- Santa Sack Free Quilting Pattern
- Fabric Coaster Quilt Pattern
- Exploding X HST Block
- Selvedge Zippy Pouch Tute
- Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block
- Hand Tied Snuggle Quilt Tutorial
- Just One Block Quilt Pattern
- Pillow Cushion Hidden Zipper Tutorial
- 35" Hand Tied Snuggly Quilt Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pinwheel Bow DIY Ornaments
- Home State Pillow Tutorial
- Therm O Web Iron-On-Fusible Interfacing
- The 18 Best Heart Quilt Patterns for Valentine's Day
- Glitter Vinyl Placemat Tutorial
- Star Wars Inspired Galaxy Quilt
- Spiral Log Cabin Block Tutorial
- Easy Watercolor Quilt
- Fit for a Princess Quilt
- How to Sew Box Corners Tutorial
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns