- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Chris from made by ChrissieD
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Hi, I'm Chris - the person behind the brand made by ChrissieD and I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself.
Growing up in the north of England in the 1960s I've always been crafty - learning knitting, crocheting plus sewing from a very young age. I have a foundation degree in Art & Design specialising in ceramics. In England, I had my own interior design business concentrating on children's bedrooms, decorative murals, designing home cinemas and entertainment suites.
Moving to the States in August 2011, I discovered quilting, which led in April 2012 to creating the made by ChrissieD brand. On my blog, I share my work, knowledge, tips and tutes alongside info such as where to shop in NYC, stories about all the wonderful fabric stores I visit and feature people I meet on my worldwide travels!
Over the last five years I've been a Bernina Sales/Quilt Store Assistant in Manhattan, NYC moving on to teach quilting/sewing classes privately as well as in stores around the city. Pattern design/writing for quilting magazines and fabric companies keeps me busy too in addition to being a member of the Modern Quilt Guild, NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild and also the Quilt Alliance.
I live in Manhattan's backyard on the Hudson Riverfront with my husband, Simon and our two dogs; were happy empty nesters since our children have grown and gone off on their own adventures. In my spare time, I love being Grandma to our Grandson, Oliver and visiting our children in their homes around the world.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts
- How To Create Fast and Easy Selvedge Fabric
- Quilted Pillows with a Hidden Zipper
- Bold Border Mug Rugs
- Rainbow Scrapbusting Wonky Quilt Block
- Sliced Improv Quilt Block Pattern
- Scrappy Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Modern Geometric Blocks
- Simple Reverse Applique Tutorial
- Soothing Circles Raw Edge Applique
- Flower Power Nine Patch
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Block Pillow
- Golden Autumn Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern
- Santa Sack Free Quilting Pattern
- Fabric Coaster Quilt Pattern
- Exploding X HST Block
- Selvedge Zippy Pouch Tute
- Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block
- Hand Tied Snuggle Quilt Tutorial
- Just One Block Quilt Pattern
- Pillow Cushion Hidden Zipper Tutorial
- 35" Hand Tied Snuggly Quilt Pattern
Read NextLindsey Weight
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block
The Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block is easily one of the most striking Irish chain quilt patterns you'll see today. This… Continue reading: "Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Book Quilt Block Mug Rug Pattern
- Fabric Flash Mug Rug Pattern
- Garden Party Bunting Mug Rug Pattern
- Coffee Cabin Self-Binding Mug Rug Pattern
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns