This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
How To Make Fabric From Your Scraps – Part 1: Irregular Shaped Scraps
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"This tutorial is the first in a series all about different ways you can make fabric from your leftover sewing scraps. This method is all about how to turn the strangely shaped fabric offcuts from a sewing or quilting project into yardage of fabric that is all the same colour or pattern. So this isn’t crazy crumb quilting where you get a piece of fabric all different colours – this is about how to get more usable fabric from a pile of scraps of the same or similar fabric. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 24 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Scrap Fabric
- Iron on Fusible Interfacing
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern
While the little one is down for a nap, mix and match some of your favorite fat quarter quilt patterns and whip up an Afternoon Six… Continue reading: "Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern"
- 36 Free Flying Geese Quilt Block Patterns
- Thanks For The Click!
- 19 Cathedral Window Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
- 21 Free Rail Fence Quilt Patterns
- 12 Inch Quilt Block Patterns
- 21 Amish Quilt Patterns
- 45+ Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- 35 Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns