This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Busy Bee Art Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"This is a great starter project for someone wanting to try thread painting for the first time. Using the lines on a hexagon printed fabric a simple bee on a flower is created. The hexagon provides quilting lines so the only thing that needs to be drawn on the fabric is the bee. The square can easily be made in a couple of evenings. It doesn't require binding. The edge is cut in line with the hexagon shape and frayed up to the outer line of stitching."
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size9 inches wide x 9 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Fat Quarter Hexagon Printed Fabric
- Machine Embroidery Thread, other other thread of choice.
- Lightbox (optional)
Read NextChrista Watson
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little sunshine to your day with this simply gorgeous Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern. This free quilt block pattern is the… Continue reading: "Sunshine Texas Star Block Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- The Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- How To Sew Quilted Potholder Tutorial Pattern
- Solar System Mug Rug
- Old Glory Quilt Pattern
- Beginner Baby Cheater Quilt Pattern
- How To Make A Butterfly Garden Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns