This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Quilted Journal Cover - Any Size!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"Make a quilt-as-you-go journal cover out of your fabric scraps. This tutorial will show you how to measure your journal or notebook and how to cut your lining fabric quilted panel and book sleeve flaps to fit any size of book cover whether hard or softcover. These make great gifts and can be made in an evening. Pick your recipient's favorite colors or use that last precious scrap of your own favorite fabric to make a one-of-a-kind journal cover. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size8 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Batting Scraps
- Quilting fabric scraps
- Lining fabric
- Fabric for flaps
- Soft flexible measuring tape
- Sewing Machine
Read NextDorothy's Flower Garden Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern
A hexagons may seem like a complex shape compared to triangle quilt patterns, but this Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern is gorgeous and… Continue reading: "Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern"
- Dorothy's Flower Garden Quilt
- The Take Along Quilt
- 12 Inch Quilt Block Patterns
- Small Fry Quilt Pattern
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Quilted Guitar Straps
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- Free Stamped Faux Quilted Heart Pin Cushion Pattern
- 17 Fabulous and Free PDF Quilt Patterns
- Miami Connections Block Quilt Tutorial
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- Afternoon Tea Four Patch Table Runner
- Hexagon Log Cabin Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns