This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Use Fleece For Quilt Backing
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Recently I made my first ever charity quilts and the charity in question prefers their volunteers to use fleece for the quilt backing so I decided to have a go even though I’d never used fleece before. I used three slightly different methods each time: The first quilt had a fleece backing, no batting and I used a self binding method. The quilting was done with a decorative stitch (no walking foot). The second quilt had a fleece backing, polyester batting and was bound with regular quilting cotton. Simple free motion quilting. The third quilt had a fleece backing, no batting, machine binding with cotton and a more complicated free motion quilting design. I’ll give you my step by step as well as my impressions of all these methods."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size41 inches wide x 57 inches long
Time to CompleteA week or two
- Finished Quilt Top
- Batting (optional)
- Anti-pill Polar Fleece
Read Next26 Free 12-Inch Quilt Block Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The simple design and bold colors of this throw quilt pattern give it an instantly modern feel. However, the use of traditional… Continue reading: "Modern Super Star Quilt Pattern"
- 26 Free 12-Inch Quilt Block Patterns
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- State Fair Quilt
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
- Scrappy Armrest and Supply Saver Combo
- 25 HST Quilt Patterns
- Dorothy's Flower Garden Quilt
- 17 Fabulous and Free PDF Quilt Patterns
- Pet Quilt With Upcycled Fabric
- Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns We Love
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- Quick Halloween Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns