How To Use Fleece For Quilt Backing
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Recently I made my first ever charity quilts and the charity in question prefers their volunteers to use fleece for the quilt backing so I decided to have a go even though I’d never used fleece before. I used three slightly different methods each time: The first quilt had a fleece backing, no batting and I used a self binding method. The quilting was done with a decorative stitch (no walking foot). The second quilt had a fleece backing, polyester batting and was bound with regular quilting cotton. Simple free motion quilting. The third quilt had a fleece backing, no batting, machine binding with cotton and a more complicated free motion quilting design. I’ll give you my step by step as well as my impressions of all these methods."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size41 inches wide x 57 inches long
Time to CompleteA week or two
- Finished Quilt Top
- Batting (optional)
- Anti-pill Polar Fleece
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wild Geese Table Runner
- Weight Loss Quilt
- Quilted Advent Calendar
- How To Join Leftover Batting Scraps
- Scrappy Stars PDF Quilt Pattern
- Balsam Gnomes Table Runner Quilt
- Four Point Star Quilt Block
- Little Pumpkin Patch Trivet Quilt Pattern
- Square In A Square Sawtooth Block
- Circuits Circus Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns