We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Sandy Fitzpatrick of Hissyfitz Designs is an applique quilt pattern designer whose goal is to get as many of the quirky designs that are spinning around in her head down on paper for you to enjoy! Her fusible applique patterns are full of whimsy and will certainly bring a smile to your face. Sandy strives to make her full-sized patterns easy to follow and fun to make.
Having lived in many places, as she and her husband moved around with the Air Force, Sandy now happily lives in Cary, North Carolina. She began sewing at an early age and took Home Ec. in the eighth grade, where she learned how to sew the required apron and dress with raglan sleeves. Memories from that Home Ec class still haunt her as she remembers helping a friend put the zipper in her dress and then proceeding to accidentally slice a hole in it with a seam ripper as she attempted to remove the stitches. Oops!
Early days of sewing included everything from clothing for herself to smocked dresses and outfits for her three children. Those children are now adults with children of their own who wear those previously smocked garments. As often happens, Sandy’s love of sewing transformed into quiltmaking. She found that stitching quilts was “sew” much easier since there are a lot of straight lines and a quilt will fit anyone (one size fits all)! Her creative spirit soon took over as she tired of making traditional quilts and moved into applique quilts using her own designs.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Radiant Cross Quilt Pattern
- Tulip Garden Quilt Pattern
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Shoofly Quilt Block
- Strawberry Springtime Mini Quilt
- Plus Sign Quilt Block
- Quilted Tea Cozy (in 30 Min)
- Chapstick Holder
- Easter Egg Scrappy Mini Quilt ~ Make It In A Day!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns