We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
By Whistler Studios
Gifted by Windham Fabrics
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Socky is a set of charming and nostalgic novelty prints from Whistler Studios for Windham Fabrics. This adorable collection features the traditional sock monkey with accent fabrics in bright yellow, red, and black. The Socky line will delight both young children and adults who fondly remember their childhood sock monkeys.
The Socky collection is inspired by the original sock monkey, a design for a toy monkey popularized by Nelson Knitting Mills in the late 1800s. The pattern for the sock monkey was distributed with every pair of their Redford Red Heel Socks, the socks used to make the iconic brown and red monkey. The Socky collection pays tribute to this beloved toy in several larger prints. These feature sock monkeys with adorable variations like stocking caps, bows, scarves, skirts, shirts, and more. There are girl monkeys, boy monkeys, and even baby monkeys in these cute and cuddly prints. They're the perfect prints to use for a baby blanket or a child's soft toy.
The accent prints in the Socky collection form a whimsical backdrop for the sock monkey prints. Bunches of bananas against red and black backgrounds are an adorable counterpoint to the monkey prints. The collection also includes playful polka dots against backgrounds of red, black, and yellow. While these prints coordinate well with the monkey prints, they also make great fabrics for vintage sewing projects. Imagine a polka dotted dress for a little girl in one of these bold colors! The Socky line also includes two high-contrast striped prints: black and white, and red and white. These stripes are just right for borders and sashing.
The Socky collection is a lovable fabric line that will bring back memories of childhood toys. It's an ideal line for gender-neutral baby quilts, but its quirky, nostalgic charm would also be right at home in more playful home decor projects.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- 110 Quilted Potholders
- Chance to Win a Fat Quarter Storage Bag!
- Win the Language of Flowers Block of the Month Quilt Pattern!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake "Someday" Fabric Stacker!
- Win a quilting book bundle!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- 200 Blocks from Quiltmaker Magazine: Original Patterns from Today's Top Designers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kristen Hubert
- Thanks For The Click!
- Birch Gnomes Table Runner Quilt
- Modern Improv Scrap Quilt
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Vintage Christmas Sweater Mug Rug Pattern
- Homes For The Holidays Mini Quilt
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Mini Quilt
- Quilted Journal Cover - Any Size!
- Wild Geese Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns