Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern
Reviewed by , Editor, FaveQuilts.com
The Orange Blossom pattern re-designs the classic Orange Peel pattern to remove all the tricky elements. It's the perfect shortcut!
PlumEasy Patterns released this new method of doing the orange peel block, which makes this gorgeous, summery quilt design easier than ever. With the Orange Blossom pattern and stencil, you can quickly sew an orange peel pattern without pinning or using appliques.
It's recommended to use the orange blossom stencil with this pattern, which you can use to draw the orange peel patterns onto freezer paper. This makes for simple tracing and can be a great time-saver.
Orange peel blocks are a classic curved pattern that is popular for quilts, table runners, bags, and more. Personally I think this type of pattern looks best in bright, vivid colors with high contrast. It's also an ideal pattern for showcasing the busier patterns from your fabric stash. I love the color palette shown in PlumEasy's samples.
This pattern makes it easy to have very accurate blocks of curved pieces. You get a high level of accurate shapes that lay flat and don't create pockets when you use the stencils that Bethany Miller designed. It makes it a smooth process to get into a rhythm with using the stencils, cutting the fabric, and following the pattern on your machine.
The finished product is an eye-catching quilt with a modern look but timeless charm. This is a great pattern for a bright, summery quilt that you can curl up under on cool summer nights. If you're making a quilt for your gazebo or boat, it would be a wonderful accent piece. Plus, the orange blossom quilt would be a heartfelt wedding present.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Enter for your chance to win Modern Machine Quilting and Thread!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Fiskars Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo and No-Touch Blade Change Tool
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
- Chance to Win a My Mind's Eye Bliss Sparkle 5" Fabric Stacker!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Crumb Quilt Block
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Easy Sailboat Quilt
- X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
- Easy Cross Sawtooth Star Block
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Easy Pinwheel Sawtooth Star
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns