Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
Gifted by Making Memories
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
The Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter is a digital fabric cutter designed especially for cutting small, precise applique shapes for fusible applique. With 40 different design cards full of fonts and shapes, the possibilities are endless! With each Slice Fabrique package, you will receive the digital fabric cutter, a basics design card, a power cord for charging, 3 replacement cutting blades, a 6" x 6" gridded cutting mat, a foam brush, a small bottle of repositionable of adhesive, a few fusible web sheets to get you started, and a full user manual so you know how to use everything!
You can also purchase a number of accessories to go with your Slice Fabrique that will expand the potential of your cutting machine. To cut larger pieces of fabric without having to hold the fabric cutter in place, you can use a Hands Free 12" x 12" cutting mat. You can also buy spray adhesive to make it easier to secure your fabric onto the cutting mat. Fusible web is available in convenient 12" x 12" sheets, which fit perfectly on the Hands Free cutting mat. You can also purchase a spatula, which will speed up the process of removing applique shapes from the cutting mat.
Even without the additional accessories, the Slice Fabrique can cut a wide variety of shapes and letters. To use the Slice Fabrique, you will coat the 6" x 6" cutting mat in adhesive and then place a piece of fabric backed in fusible web on top of the mat. The fusible web stabilizes the fabric for cutting detailed applique shapes, while the adhesive keeps the fabric firmly mounted on the cutting mat while you cut. You then place the Slice Fabrique on top of the fabric and cutting mat, select the shape you want to cut, and let the digital fabric cutter do its work! With the Applique Basics Design Card included with every Slice Fabrique, you can cut an entire alphabet of letters, either uppercase or lowercase, as well as all 10 digits. In addition, you can cut a number of leaf, butterfly, tree, star, and flower shapes. Basic geometric shapes such as trapezoids, circles, and octagons are also included. A few hearts, houses, trucks, and fruits round out the collection of applique shapes that you might use.
Although these shapes will keep you busy appliqueing every project you make for months, you can also purchase up to 40 more design cards that will allow you to make all kinds of themed projects. Most design cards include an alphabet in an interesting new font and a collection of applique shapes that fit a specific theme. I especially like the Baby Design Card for baby quilt projects, the All-Star Design Card for boys' quilts, and the Noel and Mistletoe Design Cards for Christmas. The Why Slice website and the Slice Fabrique blog both offer oodles of ideas for creative projects you can make with different applique shapes, so you'll never run out of inspiration for crafting with your Slice Fabrique!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Win Rose Quartz & Serenity Fabric!
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win the Kaleidoscope Centerpiece!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- The Best of Judy Hopkins: 365 Quilt-Block Patterns Perpetual Calendar
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
- T-Shirt Project Fusible Interfacing
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- Friendship Star Quilt Block
- Zipper Coin Purse
- North Wind Quilt Block
- Quilted Handbag
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Radiant Cross Quilt Pattern
- Tulip Garden Quilt Pattern
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns