50 States Quilt Blocks
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
One benefit to traveling in a country as large as the United States of America is that, in one road trip, you can see a little bit of every natural wonder. The U.S. is home to forests, deserts, lakes, oceans, mountains, valleys, and everything in between. 50 States Quilt Blocks has one pattern for every state. Tell the tale of your grand road trip in a tradition as old as the nation itself–the quilt.
Co-authors Rita Weiss and Linda Causee take the most recognizable facet of each state in the union and translate it into fabric and thread. Between them, these ladies have written and edited hundreds of books on sewing. 50 States Quilt Blocks features a mix of centuries-old patterns and brand new designs.
Quilting is an art form that has been passed down from generation to generation. Perhaps it's the stunning combination of artistry and function that makes quilting a treasured American pastime. Sewists have been creating state quilt blocks for many years, but that's no reason to rest on our laurels! Gain new appreciation for your home state with a block that speaks to its natural beauty (Arizona Cactus Flower), its history (Maryland Bell), or its architecture (New York Empire State).
50 States Quilt Blocks includes detailed instructions for each block and comes with a CD that allows quilters to print templates in five standard block sizes (4.5, 6, 9, 12, and 15 inches). You'll also find basic quilting tips and techniques in case you need a refresher course. Make an entire project devoted to one state, or mix it up with states that you've visited or would one day like to see. Better yet, take your finished quilt on the road with you from sea to shining sea!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Do you love modern and minimalist quilts? Or better yet, do you love easy quilts that sew up quickly? Then the Free Swiss Cross Quilt… Continue reading: "Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to Win a Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Animal Print Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Chance to Win Pro-Stitcher Designer Software!
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- Watermark Fabric Collection from Studio e
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to Win a June Tailor Quilter's Tote
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- A Message from The Editor of FaveQuilts
- Pocket Tote Bag Pattern
- Strip Surprise Quilt
- Modern Rainbow Quilt
- Flower Wall Hanging
- 6 Pocket Tote Bag
- Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit
- End Of The Rainbow Mug Mat
- What Causes Ripples in Bindings?
- Tricked Out Triangles!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns