- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Quilting Quickly Best of Fons & Porter
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Quilting Quickly Best of Fons & Porter
Gifted by Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Discover the secret to quilting quickly inside this Leisure Arts pattern book. Inside Quilting Quickly, Best of Fons & Porter, you will find 14 easy and quick quilt patterns made from pre-cut fabric.
The book itself is divided into two different sections: "Patterns" and "Learn". Although the majority of the book contains quilting patterns, the last ten pages are reserved for general instructions, which is super helpful regardless of your skill level and quilting experience.
Using precuts is often an easy technique that is suitable for beginner quilters. Inside this book, however, the majority of patterns included are for intermediate quilters. There are a few Beginner and Easy patterns to choose from, but for the most part, these patterns are best for the experienced quilters. As a beginner myself, I would definitely start with the Small Charm Quilt (pg. 21), the one and only beginner quilt in the book. Playful Pinwheels, By The Sea and Periwinke are the three easy quilting patterns to choose from. Hopefully with a little bit of practice, I can someday make the Jelly Basket pattern (pg. 9); in this quilt, different colored strips and squares come together to create a really neat geometric-looking quilt that would look awesome in my bedroom.
No matter what your skill level is, the last ten pages inside Quilting Quickly, Best of Fons & Porter contain everything you need to know about working with precuts. You can read all about the different techniques and methods to use such as straight-grain and selvedes, free-motion quilting, binding by machine, and more. For me, the most helpful page is the "Pre-Cut Primer," which shows detailed descriptions (with images) about the different precut options including fat quarters, jelly rolls, and charm packs.
Whether or not you've ever worked with precuts, do yourself a favor and pick up this book. It's definitely a great source of inspiration and you will be eager to get to work on your next quilting adventure once you see how easy some of these quilts are to make using precuts.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt
Make a sweet and ladylike mini quilt inspired by all things Southern and summery with this fun Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt.… Continue reading: "Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to win James and the Giant Peach Fabric Collection!
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
- Win Blessings of Seasons Quilt Blocks
- Blocks, Borders, Quilts! A Mix-and-Match Workbook for Designing Your Own Quilts
- Pro-Stitcher Designer Software
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns