Quilting Arts TV Series 400
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Quilting Arts TV is, hands down, the premiere source of quilt programming. In the Series 400 DVD set, host Patricia "Pokey" Bolton talks every week with experts and designers to bring viewers the best in tips, tricks, and advice. Quilting Arts markets itself as "where art and embellishment meet traditional quilt making," and the description couldn't be more accurate. Nowhere else will you find such a brilliant blend of new, exciting quilting ideas and time-honored techniques.
The Series 400 DVD set of Quilting Arts includes 13 wonderful episodes that cover a wide variety of topics, from hand-embroidery to computer-generated foundation-pieced kaleidoscope designs. Bolton meets with popular artists and insiders like Frieda Anderson, Andrea Bishop, and Jay McCaroll to discuss the latest in quilt-making. Episode 402, for example, includes a segment in which McCarroll talks about the quilting industry from an insider's perspective and Episode 406 explores various fabric trends and clever ways to combine patterns in quilt design.
Maybe the best thing about this DVD set is that it has something for everybody. Whether an expert in the middle of a month-long king-size work of art or a beginner who's just looking for a few tips and an easy project to practice with, Series 400 of Quilting Arts has an episode relevant to every quilter's interests. Segments from episodes include tips for "no-fuss finishing for small art quilts," decorative stitching and embroidery, free-motion tips and tricks, and pattern drafting. If those are too basic, there are also segments on machine stitching alternate surfaces - including metal! - and over-dyeing commercial fabrics.
In other words: if it can be quilted, Quilting Arts covers it.
This DVD set is an excellent resource for advice, tips, and the latest information of new quilting tools and technology. It's the kind of quality programming which is as fun and interesting to watch for the tenth time as it is the first.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Ready for another fun and simple block quilt pattern? This Half Square Triangle Block Pattern is the next quilt block in the quilt… Continue reading: "Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Patternvideocam"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter to win a quilting book bundle!
- Simple Appeal
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Quilt Pattern Giveaway!
- Chance to win the Ocean Waves Quilt Kit!
- Strip-Smart Quilts: 16 Designs from One Easy Technique
- English Paper Piecing II
- Strip-Smart Quilts II: 16 Triangle Quilts with One Easy Technique
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Thrift Store Plaid Shirt Quilt #2
- Foxy Gnomes Quilt And Pillow Patterns
- Charming Pastel Half Square Mini Quilt Pattern
- Make a Quilted Zipper Pillow
- Envelope Pillow Cover Pattern
- Stars Hollow Quilted Christmas Ornament Pattern
- Quilted Oven Mitt Tutorial
- Free Quilted Sleep Mask Tutorial
- Temperature Quilt
- Seasonal Weather Quilt Blocks
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns