Hello, Ollie Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Hello, Ollie Fabric Collection
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Say hello to Ollie! The latest fabric line from Art Gallery Fabrics features the most darling and eclectic prints. Hello, Ollie will inspire you across a variety of projects, from little girls' dresses to flowy boho blouses and everything in between!
Hello, Ollie features 10 unique prints in two colorways each for a complete collection of 20 designs. Designer Bonnie Christine named this collection for her daughter Ollie, and the sweet fabrics just evoke images of little toddlers playing in tall meadow grasses near the pond.
I can't get over how versatile the prints are in this collection; it really has it all! Seeing the prints and knowing the collection is named for a baby girl, I think first of baby clothes and toddler dresses. The shades of pink and green primarily used conjure feelings of the feminine and even the young. The collection features prints with modern twists. A few geometric patterns weave their way into this collection among all of the floral and swan prints. One print, Winnow Frock, includes flowers encased in triangles. Another print, Village Tundra, features geometric shapes, hatching, and the smallest bit of stippling.
Many of the beautiful prints feature florals. Birds and butterflies gather around various flowers for a beautiful meadowy feel. The swans are my favorite. I always loved The Swan Princess as a kid, and any reminder of this lovely story makes me so happy.
One eclectic print is called meadow dreams, and it features little cartoon eyes that are open, closed, and winking. This print would make a fantastic boho blouse. I could imagine seeing this print somewhere in Forever 21.
So many of these patterns work fabulously well on their own, but a quilt would come together just beautifully with the coordinating fabrics in this collection. For a quilt reminiscent of spring meadows and ponds, the Hello, Ollie line is absolutely perfect.
What images remind you of spring?
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- 3d Blockhead Quilt
- Sweet Emily Quilt
- Hemming Tape - What Is It And What Does It Do?
- The Poutama Quilt
- Types Of Buttons: A Comprehensive Guide
- Quilt-as-you-go Denim Throw Quilt
- Qayg Denim Quilt Blocks (use Up Your Quilt Binding Scraps Too!)
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns