This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Thrift-store Shirt Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"I bought 19 men's plaid shirts at the thrift-store and made this great upcycled quilt. This is also a great idea for a memory quilt made from the shirts of a loved one. It is beginner-friendly and a great way to recycle clothing. You can purchase shirts from the thrift store for under $4 each. This tutorial gives you step-by-step instructions to make this great quilt. It goes together very quickly and turns out so cute. Happy quilting!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size56 inches wide x 56 inches long
Time to CompleteA week or two
- Thrift store shirts - 100% cotton.
- cutting mat
- rotary cutter
Read NextFlying Geese Blocks Made Easy
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make a sweet and ladylike mini quilt inspired by all things Southern and summery with this fun Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt.… Continue reading: "Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt"
- Flying Geese Blocks Made Easy
- How to Sew the Lazy Daisy Stitch
- Trapunto Quilting 101
- Simplified Flying Geese Tutorial
- Easy Quilt as You Go Quilt Pattern
- The Quilting Glossary
- Nine Patch Quilt Block Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- How To Make New Fabric From Selvage
- Celtic Square Block Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- The Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- How To Sew Quilted Potholder Tutorial Pattern
- Solar System Mug Rug
- Old Glory Quilt Pattern
- Beginner Baby Cheater Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns