The Importance of Nesting Seams
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Almost ten years ago when I started sewing, I read a sewing tip. It recommended always splitting seams and ironing them flat. This method protects thread the best and prevents wear and tear and possible breakage of seams. For almost ten years, I ironed all my seams open. It was tedious work, but I knew it would make for the best quality quilt. (Even though I had a terrible time getting my corners to line up well.) Learning to nest your seams, my friends, is a quilter’s best friend."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size45 inches wide x 60 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
How to Make a Square in a Square Quilt Block
How to Free Motion Quilt Clamshells
27 Tips and Tricks for Quilt Making
How to Make a Bargello Quilt Pattern
How to Design a Quilt on Graph Paper
5 Exciting Ways to Use FaveQuilts.com
How to Use a Walking Foot
Jelly Roll Jam Video Tutorial
Squaring Up A Quilt Block
"17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt" eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- What Size is a Lap Quilt?
- What Size is a Throw Quilt?
- 26 Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- Quilt Block Names and Meanings: The Ultimate Guide
- Quentin Fabric Collection
- Kaylee Pope, Editor
- Bias Calculator and Formula
- How to Make Bias Tape Without Bias Maker
- Dresden Plate Pillow Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns