- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
30 Baby Quilt Patterns: Blankets, Bags, and More
Welcome the newest arrival in your life with these beautiful baby quilt patterns!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
It seems like there are new baby quilt patterns coming out every day. If you want to know which ones are on every quilters list, just take a look at our collection of 30 Baby Quilt Patterns: Blankets, Bags, and More. These baby quilts are for boys and girls, and you can make them using a variety of quilting designs and applique patterns. Quilters of all skill levels can find some of the best options for making a beautiful new baby quilt for someone special. These patterns are also great ways to show off quilting skills!
Whether you're looking for a quick way to personalize an easy quilt pattern or you want to make a one-of-a-kind baby quilt that you know will be cherished for years, you'll find something to start here. We've included plenty of specific options for baby boys and girls, but also made sure to include plenty of patterns that are perfect for any nursery. This collection also includes an assortment of quilt patterns for play mats, diaper bags, and plenty of other designs that the parents-to-be are sure to cherish!
Table of Contents
Babies are full of surprises, so don't catch yourself without a quilt pattern to use or give to someone special! All you need to do is download your free copy of these 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
Quilt Patterns for Baby Boy
If there is a little boy on the way, then you'll definitely want to check out this selection of quilt patterns! These adorable quilts are warm and snuggly, and will add a bright pop of color to the little one's nursery. From classic square designs to shark-themed quilts, these patterns will make delightful baby shower gifts. You'll definitely want to get started on these patterns right away!
- Framed Charm Squares Baby QuiltOne of the most popular baby quilt patterns for boys uses a colorful range of charm packs to make an easy and enchanting square quilt pattern. It'll look gorgeous in any color scheme.
- Diagonal Baby QuiltAnother popular approach to making baby quilts is applique. You can use adorable die-cut letters to spell out whatever special message you can think of. It's a simple, yet very thoughtful commemorative gift too.
- Ombre Baby Quilt PatternThe ombre trend gets a classic look in this easy quilt pattern! This design is also a subtle way to use your fabric scraps.
- Scooter Kids Quilt PatternAre you new to quilting? Then this colorful and bright quilt pattern is for you! The beginner-friendly pattern is also perfect for more advanced quilters who are looking for a no-fuss design that won't take long to complete.
- Blue Stars and Stripes Baby QuiltThis Americana-inspired quilt pattern will look simply stunning in any nursery. It's also one that will be passed down for years to come.
- Stars and Sharks Lap Quilt PatternEvery week will be shark week when you create this whimsical quilt! This pattern measures 45 inches by 45 inches and can be used even when the recipient reaches kindergarten.
- Nautical Quilt Block PatternAnchors aweigh! This delightful nautical-themed baby quilt block can be incorporated in a larger project. This is one design you can't miss!
Quilt Patterns for Baby Girl
Are the parents-to-be expecting a little girl? Then these sweet baby girl quilt patterns need to be on your radar! Many of these quilt patterns are easy to make and can be created within a weekend. Whether you're looking for a baby shower gift that is sure to impress or simply want to make a new quilt, these beautiful designs will be just what you need. You'll love the intricate look of these gorgeous patterns!
- One Color Scrappy Baby QuiltScrap quilt patterns have never seemed so sweet. Gather together fabric from old baby quilts or other quilt patterns you hold dear and make this fun design that girls will love even after they're grown.
- Classic Pink Hourglass QuiltWith its understated design, this gorgeous quilt is one that will be loved. This quilt will keep baby warm on those chilly winter nights, too.
- A Stroll Down Penny Lane QuiltEven new quilters can create a beautiful baby quilt in very little time! This pattern uses jelly roll strips for ease of use, resulting in a design that's oh-so-gorgeous.
- Patchwork Star Baby Quilt TutorialDid baby arrive a bit earlier than planned? Don't worry, as you can still create this beautiful baby quilt within just a few days!
- Pink Pinwheel Baby QuiltAdd a timeless look to a baby girl's nursery with this quilt. The pinwheel design on this quilt is simply captivating.
- Borders Baby Rag QuiltThis gorgeous quilt checks all the right boxes, as it's easy to make and even easier to clean. New parents will especially appreciate this quilt.
- Magic Jelly Roll QuiltEveryone will "Oooh" and "Aaah" when this quilt is unwrapped at a baby shower! Believe it or not, this quilt is actually easy to make.
Unisex Baby Quilt Patterns
Baby quilt patterns don't have to be just pink or blue! With these bright and colorful quilt patterns, you can create a beautiful blanket that uses fabric in an assortment of hues. These unisex baby quilt patterns are also great to make in advance and have on hand to celebrate the arrival of little ones in your family or friends group. You'll be glad you did!
- Green Pastures Baby QuiltNow your little one can count sheep as they crawl and play with the adorable animal quilt pattern used on this design. It'll go perfect with a farm-themed nursery!
- String Block Baby QuiltThat's right, there are even string quilts for babies! An eye-catching diamond pattern like this will easily complement your home decor as well, so you can lay it out on a couch or play area when it's not occupied.
- Bubble Puff Baby QuiltIf you could use only one word to describe this baby quilt, it would definitely be "colorful." This bright and bold pattern is a fun twist on the traditional blanket.
- Broken Dishes Quilt PatternsThis unisex baby quilt pattern is perfect for a crib. It can also be made in larger sizes so that the design can be enjoyed by every member of the family.
- Sixteen Patch Baby QuiltUsing a bold palette of colors, this unisex design will complement just about any theme in a nursery. This quilt will quickly become a favorite!
- Jungle Path Baby QuiltBabies are sure to love the delightful strip of this quilt, as well as the vivid colors. The intermediate quilt pattern is perfect for anyone who is looking for a bit of a challenge.
- Adorable Triangle Baby QuiltThis scrap-tastic baby quilt is a budget-friendly design that you're sure to love. No one will guess this was created using random bits of fabric!
Baby Quilt Patterns: Diaper Bags, Toys, and More
If you're looking for a baby quilt pattern that won't take long to make, then this selection of designs is just for you. These patterns for diaper bags, play mats, burp cloths, and more are a great way to share handmade items with parents-to-be. Many of these projects can be created using fabric scraps, so you won't need to break the bank to make something that is unique, practical, and stylish. You'll want to create these today!
- Mom's Favorite Diaper PouchParents are sure to appreciate this whimsical design for a diaper pouch. If you're creating this pouch for a present, make sure to include diapers and wet wipes, too.
- Thomas the Train Quilted Play MatBaby will have a comfortable place to play and explore with this play mat. The mat is sure to see plenty of use for years to come.
- Baby Burp ClothFeeding time doesn't have to be a disaster! This beginner-friendly quilt project will make cleanup a breeze.
- Super Mom Nursing PadsDon't forget to make something special that's just for the new mom! These nursing pads will be much appreciated and are perfect to give to your best friend or your sister.
- Scrappy Roll-Up Changing PadChange baby's diaper (almost) anywhere with this changing pad! This is one baby shower gift idea you can't miss.
- Munchkin Soft BookCreate a customized book just for baby with this project. You'll have so much fun designing and making this book.
- Handy Dandy Snacks and Toys PouchNew parents will appreciate having baby's pacifiers and toys all in one place with this colorful pouch. This cute little number can be placed in a larger diaper bag or purse, too.
- Puffy Baby BlocksBabies will love building and lifting these quilted blocks! This design is easy to clean, too.
- Two in One Diaper Clutch to MatMoms on the go will appreciate this all-in-one quilt design. This fashion-forward clutch is a sleek alternative to full-size diaper bags.
You'll discover an assortment of quilt patterns for baby in our collection of DIY Baby Gifts: 15 Baby Quilt Patterns for Your Next Shower
Which baby quilt pattern will you make?
Let us know in the comments!
Read NextSweetly Scrappy Baby Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern
While the little one is down for a nap, mix and match some of your favorite fat quarter quilt patterns and whip up an Afternoon Six… Continue reading: "Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns