Best of 2017: 100 Free Quilt Patterns You Loved This Year
Whether you're searching for DIY baby quilts or free throw quilt patterns, our list of reader-favorites has everything you loved in 2017!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Kick off 2018 by starting on a brand new quilt pattern! FaveQuilts has compiled the best quilt patterns of 2017, and are bringing you our top 100 free quilt patterns that our readers fell in love with last year. From baby quilts designed for beginner quilters to simple block patterns, these free quilt projects are a fantastic way to start the new year.
No matter what level you're quilting at, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in this collection of quilt patterns. We've even included a few sections on throw and lap quilt patterns, which were a hit with FaveQuilts' readers in 2017. Pick your favorite pattern from the list below and choose your first project to start in 2018!
Plus! Looking for brand new quilt patterns? Be sure to sign up for our free eNewsletter, Piecing It Together, to get free quilt patterns delivered directly to your inbox.
Table of Contents
Baby Quilt Patterns for Beginners
If you're looking for the perfect project to ease into quilting, and want to avoid complicated patterns, then a simple baby quilt is just what you need to make! These baby quilt patterns are designed for beginner quilters, and are quick projects that can be made in just a few days, so that you can create a personalized gift in no time at all to welcome the newest member of your family.
Easy Baby Quilts for Beginners
Ready to take your quilting skills to the next level? If you're ready to try some more complicated quilt patterns, but are short on time, then these easy baby quilts are perfect. These free baby quilt patterns are a great way to improve on basic quilting skills, and use precuts, hexagons, patchwork, and other traditional quilting techniques.
Want to see what you loved in 2016? Don't miss our top 100 patterns of last year in this collection page! Top 100 Free Quilt Patterns of 2016
Scrappy Throw Quilt Patterns
Throw and lap quilts were hugely popular with our readers throughout 2017, and it's easy to understand why. These scrap quilt patterns finish at the size of a lap or throw quilt, so that you can design a comfy quilt to snuggle up with and not have to worry about breaking the bank.
Free Lap Quilt Patterns Using Precuts
If you love quilting with jelly rolls, layer cakes, or charm squares, then these are the quilt patterns for you! This list of lap and throw quilt patterns uses all different types of precuts, so that you don't have to stress about choosing color value or fabric prints, and can focus on enjoying the quilting process.
Don't miss our all-time reader-favorite quilt patterns! This list has over 100 beautiful patterns to choose from. 101+ Best Quilt Patterns for Free: Quilt Block Patterns, Quilt Patterns for Baby, and More
Beginner Quilt Blocks to Make
Quilt block patterns are the building blocks that make up most traditional quilts, so finding a beginner-friendly block pattern is a great way to build your quilting skills. FaveQuilts has compiled your favorite quilt block tutorials of the year, from simple stars to the classic Irish chain!
Easy Precut Quilt Patterns
Precut fabric is designed to make life easier for quilters and sewists, and has long been a favorite with pattern designers. This list of precut quilt patterns includes patterns designed to use up layer cakes, charm squares, and our reader's favorite precut, jelly rolls. If you've got some pretty precuts in your quilt studio, choose one of these quilt patterns and get to work!
Bed Quilt Patterns for Your Home
Brighten up your bedroom in 2018 by designing a brand new bed quilt pattern! These bed quilts feature tutorials and patterns in a variety of different sizes, from a dorm quilt for your college student to full and queen size patterns.
Fun Quilt Projects for Beginners
Whether you're searching for a fun mini quilt or some beginner quilting videos to help get you started, you'll love these quilt projects for beginners. This list has simple and quick projects for beginner quilters, so no matter what you're in the mood to create, you'll find the perfect project for you.
What was your favorite quilt project of 2017? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- Coffee from Seattle Quilt Pattern
- Happy Glow Japanese Lantern Quilt
- Winter Celebration Strip Quilt Pattern
- 24 Traditional Quilt Patterns
- 20 Stunning Disappearing Nine Patch Patterns
- Simple Strawberry Strip Quilt Tutorial
- 30+ Free Quilting Designs for Machine Quilting
- 15 Layer Cake Quilt Patterns
- Supernova Star Quilt Tutorial
- Blue Bargello Quilt Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Basket Quilt Block
- Hourglass Quilt Block
- Fly Home Quilt Pattern
- Classic Nine Patch Quilt Block Pattern
- Free Patchwork Tree Skirt Tutorial
- Christmas Quilt Block
- Easy Quilted Hot Pad
- Quilted Christmas Ornament
- Frank Edmonds
- Handmade With Love Printable Gift Tags
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns