Quick Quilts: 15 Quilt As You Go Tutorials and Quilt As You Go Blocks
By: Editors, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
The quilt as you go method is a favorite among longtime quilters. Essentially, this technique includes any method of quilting which involves sandwiching pieces of the backing, batting, and top individually rather than making the whole quilt top and then sandwiching it with the batting and backing. Common quilt as you go methods include rag quilting and strip quilting, but can be widely applied to any and all quilts.
This collection includes quilt as you go blocks, quilt as you go tutorials, how-tos for learning to master the quilt as you go method, and even a few quilt as you go table runner and coaster patterns. From rag quilt patterns to log cabin quilts, there's a little bit of something for everyone in this collection of Quick Quilts: Quilt As You Go Tutorials and Quilt As You Go Blocks!
Like the quilt-as-you-go method? Want more fun, quick quilt patterns? Check out our free eBook, Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns!
Quick Quilts: Quilt As You Go Tutorials and Quilt As You Go Blocks
Table of Contents
Learn how to quilt as you go with these video tutorials and how-to guides! This is a quilting skill that will change how you quilt forever.
- Quilt As You Go Video Tutorial - Using this quilt as you go technique, you piece, sandwich, and quilt a project simultaneously.
- Quilt As You Go: Strip Quilting Video Tutorial - With this video tutorial, you can make any size by adjusting the size and number of your strips.
- Quilt As You Go: Joining the Blocks - This how-to guide outlines a quilt as you go method which eliminates the need for any extra design elements, such as additional sashing.
These quilt block patterns are perfect for a little bit of quick piecing. Make table runners, throw blankets, and even full bed quilts in no time flat!
- Log Cabin Quilt As You Go Block - Make a beautiful, fun log cabin block in just a few minutes with this lovely and quick pattern.
- Bloomin' Quilt As You Go Block - Skip the hexies and applique this time around and make a gorgeous quilt as you go block!
- Quilt As You Go Santa's Belly Block - He's the magical icon of the Christmas season, and now he can be part of your quilt if you make the Quilt As You Go Santa's Belly Block.
- Scrappy Quilt As You Go Coasters - Using this technique, you can make a patchwork quilt design very quickly and experiment with the unpredictable color schemes you'll get from working with scrappy quilt patterns.
These quilts are perfect for quilters in a time crunch! Make a quick quilt with one of these simply quilt patterns, perfet for practicing the quilt as you go method.
- Quilt As You Go Log Cabin Quilt - Use these quilt as you go instructions to make log cabin quilts that come together quickly and easily.
- Striped Cuddle Quilt - This is one of our easiest fast quilt patterns! Strip quilt piecing goes a long way in this quilt as you go pattern that will soon be a warm and snuggly quilt for the whole family to enjoy.
- Striped Chevrons Baby Quilt Tutorial - Following a baby quilt pattern has never been this stress-free.
- A Magical Land Quilt - If you want an easy way to show off your favorite fabric without having to make a complicated pattern, make one of these simple quilt patterns in an evening.
Now that your an expert, make these quick quilts with the quilt as you go method!
- Baby Perfect Rag Quilt - If you are not so much of a perfectionist but want to learn how to make a soft, comfortable and warm baby quilt, this may be a great option for you.
- Grandmother's Flower Garden Table Topper Pattern - Fans of traditional grandmother's flower garden quilts will love this clever hexagon quilt table topper pattern.
- Quick Triangles Baby Quilt - Coordinate your fat quarter quilt patterns and start making half square triangle quilt patterns right away.
- Race to the Finish Jelly Roll Quilt - This jelly roll quilt pattern only takes about an hour to put together, and then you're free to doodle free-motion designs over the top to add some flair!
See more quick quilts in our 16 Small and Simple Quilt Patterns collection!
What do you love about quilt as you go patterns? Let us know below in the comments!
Images from other quilters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Dog Gone Cute Block Tutorial
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- Quilter's Best Friend Supplies Cube
- Charmed Fabric Bowl
- 45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + New Jelly Roll Quilts
- Scrappy Quilt Mini Cover
- 37 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
- 38 Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns + Other Nine Patch Designs
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Color Spectrum DIY Pet Bed
- Family Keepsake Quilt Tutorial
- Thick and Thin Baby Quilt Pattern
- How to Make 4 HST Quilt Blocks at a Time
- Watermelon Whimsy Table Runner Pattern
- Summer Rain Picnic Quilt Tutorial
- Classic String Quilt Block Tutorial
- Twists and Cartwheels Quilt
- Royal Roll Squares Quilt
- Crossroads Lap Quilt Tutorial