The Cutting EDGE Quilting Ruler
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
The Cutting EDGE Quilting Ruler
6.5" x 12.5"
Gifted by Sullivans USA, Inc.
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, FaveQuilts.com Editor
The Cutting EDGE Quilting Ruler is an innovative ruler that sharpens the blade of your rotary cutter as you cut fabric! With this multipurpose tool, you never have to worry about changing or sharpening rotary cutter blades. The right-hand edge of the ruler is encrusted in diamond carbide powder, which sharpens even the sturdy steel blades of rotary cutters as you slice through fabric.
For the past six months, I have had an inexpensive rotary cutter that dulled after just a few projects, and I was frustrated that I would need to replace the blade so soon after buying the tool. I have the most trouble cutting batting, so I decided to test the Cutting EDGE ruler on some scraps of batting left over from my last project. The first few cuts were just as inefficient as they have been for the past few months. I went over the cut several times with my rotary cutter and still had to pull the batting apart by hand at a few points. However, the more I used the ruler, the easier it became to make precise, clean cuts in the batting. I could even hear the ruler sharpening my rotary cutter blade as I cut!
Aside from sharpening your blades as you cut, the Cutting EDGE ruler helps you to measure and cut accurately as well. The frosted finish keeps your fabric from slipping underneath the ruler, but it definitely doesn't impair your view of gridlines on your cutting mat. I have a blue cutting mat with yellow gridlines, and I was able to line up gridlines on the ruler with gridlines on my mat or straight edges on my fabric without a problem. I tested the 6.5" x 12.5" ruler, which has gridlines for 30 degree, 45 degree, and 60 degree cuts. My other quilting ruler is much larger and difficult to store, but this ruler is the perfect size for cutting individual quilt blocks and fits easily inside my quilting cabinet. I will definitely be using the Cutting EDGE 6.5" x 12.5" ruler as my primary quilting ruler now!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Scottie Girl Ziggy Cuddle Kit
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Stellar Quilts
- Make Your First Quilt from Leisure Arts
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Easy Sailboat Quilt
- X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
- Easy Cross Sawtooth Star Block
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Easy Pinwheel Sawtooth Star
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- Star In A Star
- State Fair Quilt
- BERNINA B-325 Sewing Machine
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns