We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Prolific quilter and author, Linda Causee, shares her ideas for turning your favorite t-shirts into commemorative quilts to celebrate all the concerts you’ve seen, marathons you’ve walked, places you’ve traveled or teams you root for.
Linda shows you how to prepare each t-shirt with fusible interfacing to prevent stretching. There are seven different quilt patterns to choose from, including some with traditional quilt blocks mixed in with the t-shirt blocks. She offers both regular and foundation piecing options, as well as stitch-and-flip and strip piecing. Linda’s designs show off novelty prints, batiks and solids that complement the specific types of t-shirts. She has a few bonus patterns to take some of the quilts from the wall to the bed, and quiltmaking basics are included in the back of the book.
I love the simple design of the family quilt (page 28), because you can include shirts of all sizes, from baby to kid to adult, by framing each t-shirt block with varied-width strips. The sports team quilt (page 6) is also super cute with its little cornerstone blocks made with baseball fabric. I think it’s a great gift idea for the fan who collects shirts from every player, every championship, and every version of the team logo…like my brother! How many t-shirts does a guy really need hanging in his closet, anyway?
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Forget about blah and boring and go for an explosion of color for your next quilt project with this Color Explosion Flying Geese… Continue reading: "Color Explosion Flying Geese Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- 200 Blocks from Quiltmaker Magazine: Original Patterns from Today's Top Designers
- Omnigrid and Fons & Porter Rotary Cutting Supplies from Prym Consumer
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Mochi Mochi Fiber Art Quilt Patterns
- Arctic Ice Quilter's Slidelock
- Scrap-Basket Beauties: Quilting with Scraps, Strips, and Jelly Rolls
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- Quick Halloween Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns