We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Prolific quilter and author, Linda Causee, shares her ideas for turning your favorite t-shirts into commemorative quilts to celebrate all the concerts you’ve seen, marathons you’ve walked, places you’ve traveled or teams you root for.
Linda shows you how to prepare each t-shirt with fusible interfacing to prevent stretching. There are seven different quilt patterns to choose from, including some with traditional quilt blocks mixed in with the t-shirt blocks. She offers both regular and foundation piecing options, as well as stitch-and-flip and strip piecing. Linda’s designs show off novelty prints, batiks and solids that complement the specific types of t-shirts. She has a few bonus patterns to take some of the quilts from the wall to the bed, and quiltmaking basics are included in the back of the book.
I love the simple design of the family quilt (page 28), because you can include shirts of all sizes, from baby to kid to adult, by framing each t-shirt block with varied-width strips. The sports team quilt (page 6) is also super cute with its little cornerstone blocks made with baseball fabric. I think it’s a great gift idea for the fan who collects shirts from every player, every championship, and every version of the team logo…like my brother! How many t-shirts does a guy really need hanging in his closet, anyway?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- At Home with Country Quilts: 13 Patchwork Patterns
- Clover Wedge Iron
- Chance to win the Big Batting Bundle Giveaway!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns