We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Prolific quilter and author, Linda Causee, shares her ideas for turning your favorite t-shirts into commemorative quilts to celebrate all the concerts you’ve seen, marathons you’ve walked, places you’ve traveled or teams you root for.
Linda shows you how to prepare each t-shirt with fusible interfacing to prevent stretching. There are seven different quilt patterns to choose from, including some with traditional quilt blocks mixed in with the t-shirt blocks. She offers both regular and foundation piecing options, as well as stitch-and-flip and strip piecing. Linda’s designs show off novelty prints, batiks and solids that complement the specific types of t-shirts. She has a few bonus patterns to take some of the quilts from the wall to the bed, and quiltmaking basics are included in the back of the book.
I love the simple design of the family quilt (page 28), because you can include shirts of all sizes, from baby to kid to adult, by framing each t-shirt block with varied-width strips. The sports team quilt (page 6) is also super cute with its little cornerstone blocks made with baseball fabric. I think it’s a great gift idea for the fan who collects shirts from every player, every championship, and every version of the team logo…like my brother! How many t-shirts does a guy really need hanging in his closet, anyway?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Do you love modern and minimalist quilts? Or better yet, do you love easy quilts that sew up quickly? Then the Free Swiss Cross Quilt… Continue reading: "Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to Win a Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Animal Print Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Chance to Win Pro-Stitcher Designer Software!
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- Watermark Fabric Collection from Studio e
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to Win a June Tailor Quilter's Tote
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- A Message from The Editor of FaveQuilts
- Pocket Tote Bag Pattern
- Strip Surprise Quilt
- Modern Rainbow Quilt
- Flower Wall Hanging
- 6 Pocket Tote Bag
- Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit
- End Of The Rainbow Mug Mat
- What Causes Ripples in Bindings?
- Tricked Out Triangles!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns