Make Your First Quilt: Super Easy Beginner Projects For Sure Success!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
It’s true what they say…if you can sew a straight line, you can make a beautiful quilt. No sense in being a nervous nelly about it, just dive right in! This book has 16 beginner quilt patterns to suit any style. The blocks are basic and each project really shows how to take advantage of beautiful fabrics. Even the simplest patchwork can look stylish and sophisticated.
Several quilts use strips or larger panels which make all the cutting and construction even easier, and there are some cute designs with novelty fabrics, too. I really liked the lesson included for hand-quilting with a Cretan stitch.
My eye tends to go for the modern look, so I’d have to say the Cafeteria Line quilt on page 4 is my favorite. It’s a simple and bold design with minimal piecing that sets contemporary prints against solids – love it! Don’t be shy – get yourself over to the nearest quilt shop or fabric store and they’ll help you find yummy fabrics and the basic tools you need to make your first quilt. You will feel so great once it’s finished, I know I did!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win the Urban Garden Fabric Collection!
- Win a quilting book bundle!
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- QuiltWoman Pattern Bundle
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Radiant Cross Quilt Pattern
- Tulip Garden Quilt Pattern
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Shoofly Quilt Block
- Strawberry Springtime Mini Quilt
- Plus Sign Quilt Block
- Quilted Tea Cozy (in 30 Min)
- Chapstick Holder
- Easter Egg Scrappy Mini Quilt ~ Make It In A Day!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns