Make Your First Quilt: Super Easy Beginner Projects For Sure Success!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
It’s true what they say…if you can sew a straight line, you can make a beautiful quilt. No sense in being a nervous nelly about it, just dive right in! This book has 16 beginner quilt patterns to suit any style. The blocks are basic and each project really shows how to take advantage of beautiful fabrics. Even the simplest patchwork can look stylish and sophisticated.
Several quilts use strips or larger panels which make all the cutting and construction even easier, and there are some cute designs with novelty fabrics, too. I really liked the lesson included for hand-quilting with a Cretan stitch.
My eye tends to go for the modern look, so I’d have to say the Cafeteria Line quilt on page 4 is my favorite. It’s a simple and bold design with minimal piecing that sets contemporary prints against solids – love it! Don’t be shy – get yourself over to the nearest quilt shop or fabric store and they’ll help you find yummy fabrics and the basic tools you need to make your first quilt. You will feel so great once it’s finished, I know I did!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win the Kaleidoscope Centerpiece!
- Fons & Porter Fussy Cut Templates from Prym Consumer
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win the Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Needles and Notions: Paper-Pieced Patterns with a Sewing Room Theme
- Learn to Sew Easy Curves: Fast and Flawless Results Using Faced Appliques
- Indochine Collection from Dear Stella Design
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Apple Pie 12-Inch Quilt Block Pattern
- Free Stamped Faux Quilted Heart Pin Cushion Pattern
- Thrift-store Shirt Quilt
- Floral Scrap Fabric Quilt Block For Spring
- Easy 9 Patch Quilt In A Week
- Fun in the Sun Panel Quilt Pattern
- Rail Fence Quilt Block Pattern
- Sew Steady
- Pet Quilt With Upcycled Fabric
- Half Square Triangle Pot Holders Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns