Make Your First Quilt: Super Easy Beginner Projects For Sure Success!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
It’s true what they say…if you can sew a straight line, you can make a beautiful quilt. No sense in being a nervous nelly about it, just dive right in! This book has 16 beginner quilt patterns to suit any style. The blocks are basic and each project really shows how to take advantage of beautiful fabrics. Even the simplest patchwork can look stylish and sophisticated.
Several quilts use strips or larger panels which make all the cutting and construction even easier, and there are some cute designs with novelty fabrics, too. I really liked the lesson included for hand-quilting with a Cretan stitch.
My eye tends to go for the modern look, so I’d have to say the Cafeteria Line quilt on page 4 is my favorite. It’s a simple and bold design with minimal piecing that sets contemporary prints against solids – love it! Don’t be shy – get yourself over to the nearest quilt shop or fabric store and they’ll help you find yummy fabrics and the basic tools you need to make your first quilt. You will feel so great once it’s finished, I know I did!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you've been searching for the perfect quilting project for your new grandbaby, then look no further than this adorable and handy… Continue reading: "Tied with a Bow Car Seat Canopy"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Win the Sycamore Fabric Collection!
- Enter to win a quilting book bundle!
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- Quilting Those Flirty 30s
- Devoted to Scraps
- Chance to Win a Fat Quarter of Riley Blake Fab-boo-lous Fabric!
- Jelly Babies: Adorable Quilts from 2-1/2-inch Strips
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Circuits Circus Quilt Pattern
- 3D Doors Quilt
- How To Make A Bias Binding
- Scrappy Stars
- Quilted Wall Hanging From Scraps
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Coasters
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- Sulky of America
- Fat Quarter Organizer Bins
- Pumpkin Patch Easy Mini Quilt For Beginners
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns