Simple Beginner Quilts: Exciting Projects Take Your Skills to the Next Level!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
These 16 quilts and wall hangings are designed with basic piecing skills in mind. Even though they’re beginner-friendly, experienced quilters will also love these options for quick and easy quilts. There’s something for everyone, from modern to traditional settings and batiks to solids. There’s a cozy quilted shawl wrap with pockets and a very sweet idea for a quilt with ribbon looped edging.
I really, really love the Triangle Toss quilt on page 4 – simple and modern, it features bright solid triangles twirling around on a white background. I like the idea of quilting a different geometric design on each triangle, too. The Mint Chocolate Chip quilt on page 18 is another favorite – it has a nice windowpane pattern that shows off lots of gorgeous stripes and florals. And I have just got to give a shout-out to the Freshly Frayed quilt on page 34 because I’m all about quick and easy two-fer techniques like raw-edge appliqué. Quiltmaking basics are in the back – all in all, this is a great beginner’s book for sure!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Quilters on the lookout for a challenge and a unique star quilt pattern will adore this unique paper piecing pattern. This bright and… Continue reading: "Pom Pom Paper Piecing Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- At Home with Country Quilts: 13 Patchwork Patterns
- Clover Wedge Iron
- Chance to win the Big Batting Bundle Giveaway!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns