Peppered Cottons Fat Quarter Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Every quilter knows that there is no such thing as "just" a solid when it comes to color palettes. Every broadstroke color has a hundred different hues and shades, and a quilt can come together over just the right solid base to tie together various patterned fabrics. The Peppered Cottons fabric from Studio e incorporates subtlety of shade and texture into each unique fat quarter. The layered shades will help catch every shade of the patterned fabric for a bolder, more complete quilt.
Aptly tagged as "Solid Colors with Spice," every shade of color in the Peppered Cotton collection includes a multiple hues. The "Peacock" fabric, for example, has a primary shade of a beautiful blue-green, much like a peacock's tail, but also incorporates subtle grays to create a sense of depth to the color. "Morning Glory" has a blue base with pinkish, purplish undertones for an almost metallic overall feel.
Studio e has multiple free patterns available for the Peppered Cottons collection, including the "Wavelength," quilt pattern, which makes gorgeous use of chevrons and plays with shade to create a sense of depth and movement. Other projects include "Woven Squares," which juxtaposes lines and squares for a pretty approximation of a basketweave quilt, and "Peppered Cottons Pillows," which feature Aztec and southwestern patterns.
BONUS! Enter to win a bundle of Peppered Cottons Fat Quarters here. Contest ends 5/24/15.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little country charm to your home by putting a spin on the traditional four patch quilt. This Farmhouse Four Patch Quilt… Continue reading: "Farmhouse Four Patch Quilt Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Win the Feather and Song Fabric Collection!
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Chance to win the All Weather Friend Fabric Collection!
- Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles and More
- Quilting Quickly Best of Fons & Porter
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Animal Parade: Adorable Applique Quilt Patterns for Babies
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns