Paper-Pieced Quilts: 22 Foundation Designs to Challenge Your Piecing Skills!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Every quilt in this book is stunning, but I have to admit, the words “challenge your piecing skills” in the subtitle scared me a little. My piecing skills are not so hot…but I know how beautifully the more complex blocks turn out when they’re paper-pieced, so I probably could use the challenge. If you feel like I do, I recommend going straight to page 37 first, where you’ll find a terrific paper foundation piecing lesson. This is one area where practice makes perfect. You’re just sewing straight lines along a printed template, which is the easy part, but you also need to be comfortable with working the design in reverse. That’s the part that makes my brain hurt a little, but I finally got it!
Paper piecing is ideal for quilt blocks with odd-size pieces or angles, so you end up with everything perfectly crisp and aligned – and it really does make the quilt look extra special! The quilt patterns in this book include brilliant stars, festive pinwheels, cute little houses, and striking starbursts. In addition to the basic piecing lesson, there are seven more “Sew Easy” lessons to help you learn more about fussy cutting, mitered borders, prairie points and more. Templates are included for copying on to tracing paper and all the basic quiltmaking techniques are featured in the back.
My favorite is the award-winning quilt, “Project Linus” on page 22, designed by Michael Michalski. It has amazing detail with arcs, stars and curves, plus it shows off lots of different fabrics with small all-over prints.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter to win a quilting book bundle!
- Simple Appeal
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Quilt Pattern Giveaway!
- Chance to win the Ocean Waves Quilt Kit!
- Strip-Smart Quilts: 16 Designs from One Easy Technique
- English Paper Piecing II
- Strip-Smart Quilts II: 16 Triangle Quilts with One Easy Technique
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Foxy Gnomes Quilt And Pillow Patterns
- Charming Pastel Half Square Mini Quilt Pattern
- Make a Quilted Zipper Pillow
- Envelope Pillow Cover Pattern
- Stars Hollow Quilted Christmas Ornament Pattern
- Quilted Oven Mitt Tutorial
- Free Quilted Sleep Mask Tutorial
- Temperature Quilt
- Seasonal Weather Quilt Blocks
- Octo Owl Placemat
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns